Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are mashed with coconut oil and butter for a sweet and savory tasting potato. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Sweet potatoes seem to be one of those foods you either love or hate. I think they’re actually an acquired taste…whatever that may be?
I don’t think I cared for them much growing up, but then again my Mom didn’t really make them very often and mostly just baked them. We seemed to eat them usually around the holidays. They were always one my Dads favorite sides.
Sometimes I think we don’t want to try things because we didn’t like them growing up or it’s just something we really having experimented with. So I definitely wanted to try them lots of ways.
And I do experiment with food a lot and Yes I have my flops, but I only share what I consider really good and hopefully you will as well.
What are some of your favorite ways to make them? With the naturally sweet flavor they pretty much compliment most meals.
So many reasons you should include Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes at your next meal:
- Easy to prepare..Just pop in the oven
- All the great health benefits
- Numerous ways to customize them to suit your tastes
- Naturally sweet and tasty
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and rinsed
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- chopped fresh chives optional
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Scrub and wash potatoes well and then pierce in several places with a fork. Bake in preheated oven approximately 30-40 minutes until you can stick fork into potatoes easily.
- Remove from the oven and cut in half length wise and allow to cool about 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop potato out of skins and place in small mixing bowl. Then place skins on baking sheet.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving cheese and chives for topping.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or fork and spoon back into the skins.
- Top with shredded cheese and put back in preheated oven about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Top with chopped chives