This Gluten Free Stuffing is moist, flavorful and loaded with all the classic traditional flavors. Sage, thyme & cranberries all blended together with GF bread cubes for the perfect holiday side. A great addition to Thanksgiving, Christmas or any occasion. Gluten Free, Easy, Vegetarian.
Updated- this was originally posted November 2016
So Guys when it comes to stuffing I know everyone has their own personal preferences....
And I get that... trust me! 😏 Kinda like we all have that one favorite side.
Well stuffing is that one fav for me.... Except for the Mashed Potatoes of course. 😆
Hence I needed this to be the best gluten free stuffing EVER.
Tips for making Gluten Free Stuffing:
- Start with your favorite brand of gluten free bread
- Cause a good bread makes all the difference
- And like I said everyone has a personal preference... whether it be white bread or whole grain GF bread
- Make sure the bread cubes are dry
- The easiest way to do this is by putting them on a rimmed baking sheet and drying out in the oven at a low temperature
And these are really just the basics for making a good homemade stuffing.
Can I make the stuffing ahead of time?
You certainly can do that if short on time... Just make sure you bake it the same day you prepare it.... then allow it to cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
So what's the difference between stuffing and dressing?
This is pretty much up to the individual person you ask and where they grew up.
Although traditionally stuffing may refer to stuffing it in another food and dressing making it in a pan....
BUT since I grew up calling it stuffing, even though this is made in a pan.....I'm 🙋♀️ calling it STUFFING!
Although honestly I don't know if it even really matters whatcha call it. 😆
What do you think? 🤔 Stuffing or Dressing???
And here are just some of the highlights of this Gluten Free Cranberry Stuffing....
- It's so Easy to prepare
- Moist and Flavorful
- Cranberries just belong on the holiday table
- Most importantly Gluten Free
So if you make this stuffing please be sure to let me know in the comments below.... plus by star ⭐ rating the recipe it gives me an idea how much you Enjoyed it!
Until Next time- xoxo
Gluten Free Cranberry Stuffing
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 6 tbsp butter plus some for casserole pan
- 1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. rosemary (optional)
- ¼ tsp. nutmug
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. loaf gluten free bread of choice- approximately 10 cups bread cubes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Cut bread into 1 to 2 inch cubes based on your preference and spread out on large baking sheet.
- Dry out on low temperature 225-250 degrees for about 30 minutes till toasty.
- Remove from oven, place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Generously grease casserole dish with at least 1 tbsp. butter
- Meanwhile melt 6 tbsp. butter in pan over medium heat.
- Then add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Then add spices to onion mixture and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion mixture, vegetable broth, eggs, to dried bread cubes and combine well.
- Then stir in cranberries.
- Pour into buttered casserole pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes covered. Then remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.