Healthy Homemade Cranberry Sauce is an Easy one pot recipe that can be on the table in 15 minutes. Fresh tart cranberries, sweet apples, & orange zest bring bold simple flavors to this. (No added refined sugars, Gluten free, & Vegan)
Hey there and Happy Thanksgiving week to ya!
And even though we don’t celebrate the whole week it just some how starts to feel a little special…ya know you start seeing stores getting in the fresh Christmas trees & all.
Maybe even a few neighbors have already started decorating for the holidays…Not I yet, but have seriously thought about it.
But most of all it’s just that relaxed feeling you get knowing this is a short week. Well at least if you’re celebrating the Holiday this week.
So with all that in mind I thought maybe you could use one more quick, easy, flavorful side to add to the table.
Hence this Healthy Homemade Cranberry Sauce should just about cover all that.
And hopefully you guys will Enjoy it as well!
All the tart and slightly sweet flavors of this Cranberry Sauce just pair so well with all your holiday sides.
So even though cranberry sauce is just traditionally served during the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays, I can definitely see myself eating this year round.
And you seriously won’t believe how much better this is than the canned stuff…I actually haven’t eaten any cranberry sauce recently cause of all the sugar found in the store bought stuff….
Then duh huh…another one of those light bulb moments..make this stuff yourself and control the sugar.
So there you have it —> light bulb moment = Healthy Homemade Cranberry Sauce.
And this Healthy Homemade Cranberry Sauce is….
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Only six simple ingredients
- Perfect with all your holiday sides
- Would even be great year around
- Low sugar with No added refined sugars
- Gluten free & Vegan
Hope you Guys have a Great Week and Enjoy a relaxing Thanksgiving Day!
Healthy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2 12 ounce bags fresh cranberries
- 2 Fuji apples diced & peeled
- Zest of medium orange**
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup*
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Rinse and sort out any bad or mushy cranberries and place rest in large pot.
- Peel & chop apples into bite sized pieces and place in pot with cranberries.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium high heat about 15 minutes till cranberries have started breaking up & you have a nice thick consistency.
- Remove from heat & spoon into serving bowl or allow to cool before placing in mason jars and storing in fridge.
**can save a little zest for garnish
This can easily be made ahead and stored in an airtight container(like a mason jar) in the fridge for up to seven days.