These Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are slightly sweet, smoky & perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. Baked & then mashed with smoky Gouda cheese and then finished by topping with egg, green onions, & sriracha sauce. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
And since I'm all about breakfast, I wanted to celebrate it today with one of my new favorites! Cause I think breakfast is worthy of celebrating!
Hello to my new breakfast friend....Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes<<< Yes Please!
So let's just say I'm a big fan of mixing sweet & spicy flavors together.
And when I can start my day on a Happy note → yummy healthy food then the day can't help but be good.
Cause your Mamma was not kidding when she said "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"....gotta love her for that one, Right?
I mean she knew what she was talking about and even though we may not have listened I can so appreciate all the yummy breakfasts that were served.
Even though none of them consisted of sweet potatoes they somehow instilled in me my love for good food.
Although I do remember lots of pan fried potatoes along with eggs... there were not too many sweet potatoes in sight...
Mostly you would find those on the Holiday table and pretty much ALWAYS prepared the same way.
So anyway, I've kinda made it my mission to get creative with sweet potatoes and these Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are no exception.
Especially since these Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are....
- The perfect mix of sweet & spicy
- Great for a special breakfast or brunch
- One of the most nutritious vegetables around
- A great source of Vitamin A, C and manganese
- Also good served for dinner
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- 2 med/large sweet potatoes (I used white sweet potatoes)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup smoky gouda cheese plus some for topping
- 1 green onion
- sriracha sauce to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pierce several holes in each potato.
- Place on baking pan or directly on oven rack and bake in preheated oven 40-50 minutes until can easily pierce with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out flesh into medium bowl. Add butter, cheese, half & half cream, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Mash sweet potatoes and spoon back into skins. Top with extra cheese and place back in oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with hard boiled eggs, sriracha sauce & diced green onions.