This Best Deviled Eggs Recipe has always been a family favorite. Super Easy to make and soon will become your go-to deviled egg recipe. Gluten Free and Vegetarian.
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you’re all looking forward to an extended Easter weekend and one that includes good food and family fun. I usually like to make this Best Deviled Eggs Recipe for Easter.
And with the Easter Bunny bringing all those additional eggs this definitely puts them to good use.
I think deviled eggs are pretty much a favorite for most Spring and Summer gatherings. They are usually a crowd pleaser and don’t require a lot of additional ingredients to make them.
I took on the task of making finger foods for my daughters wedding reception and I made this Best Deviled Eggs Recipe.
Needless to say I could have made many more since they were gone way to quickly.
The only thing about making a large quantity of deviled eggs is the time it takes to peel them.
Otherwise I would say this is really an easy deviled eggs recipe.
So I would say if you’re making them for a large crowd it would definitely be helpful to have someone assist with the peeling process.
Once they are peeled the rest is fairly easy. Maybe you can find some of those little Easter egg hunters to help you.
I still haven’t quite mastered the perfect peel, although I’ve tried various methods.
TIPS FOR PEELING EGGS FOR THIS EASY DEVILED EGGS RECIPE….
- Once the eggs are done immediately submerge them in ice water
- Then wait a couple minutes and drain and set on counter
- I like to roll the eggs around the counter top until cracked in numerous spots
- Then go ahead and peel slowly
- Older eggs tend to peel easier so try not to use fresh eggs
- As for filling the eggs you can use a sandwich bag with a whole cut in the end or…
- Just use a melon ball scoop to easily put even amounts in each egg
OTHER SIDES TO SERVE WITH DEVILED EGGS…
Hooray for small little discoveries that I’ve made over the years for making deviled eggs.
It doesn’t take much to bring joy to me. It’s all of life’s little finds that have me thinking why didn’t I think of that sooner.
Anyway, hope everyone has a terrific weekend and maybe try this Best Deviled Eggs Recipe for your next get together.
Best Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dash of paprika and dill weed for topping
- optional- Top with chopped chives or fresh parsley
- Cover eggs with water approximately 2 inches above eggs. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cover eggs. Let sit covered for about 18 minutes.
- Drain eggs and rinse with cold water. Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop egg yolks into bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mash with a fork until everything well blended. Put mixture into sandwich bag, seal and cut small hole in bottom corner of bag.
- Fill each egg equally and top with paprika and dill weed.
*UPDATED* This post has been updated with new pictures. It was originally posted in March 2016 but wanted to showcase it again with some better pictures. The recipe & post words still remain the same.