This Black Eyed Pea Salad is super Simple to make and the perfect addition to all your cookouts or family gatherings. Loaded with lots of fresh veggies including black eyed peas. A great make ahead salad perfect to have for quick lunches or a light dinner (Vegan & Gluten Free).
BLACK EYED PEA SALAD
Simple, delicious and loaded with tons of flavor....
And I've always been a big fan of foods that I can prep ahead of time, since it just makes life a little simpler. Also having a few things readily available in the fridge makes dinner time go a lot smoother.
Especially when it also involves lots of fresh veggies swimming around in a tasty vinaigrette! Yesss, please!
If everything in life could only be as Simple as this Black Eyed Pea Salad 😆 then what fun would it be??
But really, I guess we all have our challenges some days and it kind of makes us appreciate the easier, simpler days 🙂
So since I'm kinda having one of those Mondays 😥 , a bowl of this salad and chilling out on the deck actually is sounding pretty good RIGHT about now!
Sometimes being Adult is a lot of work, but as a child you just couldn't wait to have that kind of freedom.
I so remember the summer days when you looked forward to school being out and playing outside all day under the sprinkler or wherever. And having all those yummy summertime treats.
But anyhow, like I said a tasty bowl of no guilt Black Eyed Pea salad can make it all seem a little better. It kind of takes me back to some of my carefree moments in life and sometimes that's all you Really need.
Well that, and a big messy Chili Cheese Veggie Burger.
So if all the Simple things in life are sounding kinda good to you today then let's list a few easy summer recipes below!
Some other summer recipes, along with this Black Eyed Pea Salad are.....
- Easy Pea Salad
- Three Greens Summer Detox Salad
- Southwester Two Bean Salad
- California Style Avocado Salad
- Simple Make Ahead 7 Layer Pea Salad
- 5 Ingredient Watermelon Blueberry Salad
And all of these salads can Easily be made in under 30 minutes and prepped ahead of time.
So relax, my friends and Enjoy the summer 😉
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Simple Black Eyed Pea Salad
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 ½ cups cooked black eyed peas*
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add black eyed peas to large mixing bowl.
- Combine with red onion, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, garlic, and parsley.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour over black eyed pea mixture and combine well.
- Better if allowed to chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Or you can cook them ahead of time. I cooked a bag of the dried black eyed peas to have on hand for several recipes.
Updated* This post was originally posted in June 2016. The recipe still remains the same.