This Black-Eyed Pea Salad is super simple to make and great for potlucks, cookouts and gatherings. An easy make ahead salad that's perfect for quick lunches or a healthy side dish with dinner. Gluten free, Vegan, Easy.
This black-eyed pea salad is perfect since I'm all about easy make ahead dishes and the flavors in this salad intensify more over time.
Black-eyed peas are such a great addition to salads since they're firm, soft and hold together well in a salad.
I love the nutty earthy flavor of black-eyed peas which are actually a bean and not a pea.
Ingredients for this salad
- Black-Eyed peas- you can use canned black eyed peas or prepare them from dried beans. If using canned make sure to rinse them.
- Grape tomatoes- could be swapped with cherry tomatoes.
- Red onion- I don't recommend swapping this out. Red onion is the best option for salads for their milder flavor.
- Salad dressing- olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasonings.
How to make black-eyed pea salad
- Start by adding your chopped vegetables and black-eyed peas to a serving bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, combine, & store in airtight container in the fridge.
- Allow at least one hour prior to serving and Enjoy!
Store the prepared black-eyed pea salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Other salad recipes
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Black Eyed Pea Salad (Easy, Vegan)
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 ½ cups cooked black eyed peas
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add black eyed peas to large mixing bowl.
- Combine with red onion, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, garlic, and parsley.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour over black eyed pea mixture and combine well.
- Better if allowed to chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Updated from May 2018