This Roasted Garlic Hummus is easy to make in the food processor in minutes. And roasted garlic that is caramelized and slightly sweet is the perfect addition to this hummus recipe. A healthy snack that's vegan, gluten free and easy.
Hummus is one of my go to easy snacks. Since it's made using only a few ingredients that I usually have on hand.
Garlic hummus is one of our favorite additions to a classic hummus. But we also really love this black-eyed pea hummus recipe.
Roasting the garlic brings out the sweet mellow flavors and compliments hummus perfectly!
How to roast garlic
There are several methods you can use to roast garlic, whether it's in the oven, instant pot or even an air fryer.
I normally would roast it in the oven but, have experimented with making it in the instant pot! So much easier than turning on the hot oven.
So if you're looking to save time and have an instant pot I would recommend trying that. You can find out how to do that in the recipe card below.
Ingredients for garlic hummus
How to make it
- Add the garbanzo beans and remaining ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until creamy and smooth.
Recipe notes & tips
You can remove the skins for a creamier hummus but it's not necessary. I sometimes do if I'm not in a hurry to make it.
Gradually add in the water based on how creamy you like your hummus.
Hummus can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What to serve with hummus
You can serve it with crackers, tortilla chips, pita bread or cut up veggies.
It's also great spread on a wrap or top it on a salad.
Other hummus recipes
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Roasted Garlic Hummus (Vegan, Easy)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 heads of roasted garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil plus some for roasting garlic
- 4-6 tbsp. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Remove outer loose skin from garlic heads and cut top to expose cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub across the cloves with finger tips to get all coated.
- Place garlic heads on aluminum foil and wrap loosely
- Then place on baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Bake about 40 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
Instant pot roasted garlic:
- Slice tops off garlic bulbs and drizzle with olive oil like you would with the oven method.
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot and place trivet in the instant pot.
- Put garlic bulbs on trivet, press manual setting on high and make sure valve is set to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure 10 minutes and naturally release for 10 minutes before carefully releasing the remaining pressure.
- Open instant pot and remove with tongs and allow bulbs to cool.
- For golden brown tops on garlic drizzle with a little more oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil the garlic bulbs in the oven for a couple minutes to get them golden brown.
- Meanwhile place chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, roasted garlic(from 2 roasted heads), olive oil and water in food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy gradually adding water till you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl
- Optional toppings: chopped parsley, additional olive oil drizzle, red chili pepper flakes.
Updated from March 2017