Easy Roasted Garlic Hummus is a five ingredient dip that is perfect on chips, veggies, or even wraps. Slow roasted garlic, lemon and tahini blended together for a creamy flavorful dip. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Hi there and I hope everyone has been enjoying their week thus far.
Nothing special going on around here...Well other than this Easy Roasted Garlic Hummus.
And in case I haven't shared this yet, Hummus just happens to be one of my all time favorite snacks.
Now even though you can buy some pretty okay Ready made hummus...there is just absolutely nothing and I mean NOTHING better than the homemade stuff.
But not a basic hummus recipe and maybe basic isn't a good word for this so forgive me.
Cause anytime you have some roasted garlic involved you're moving a little beyond basic.
Okay, so maybe I'm rambling along a little too much. But I wanted you to have a true understanding of how ultimately awesome this Easy Roasted Garlic Hummus is.
And if you're a garlic lover like me then garlic is pretty much standard in most things you make.
And since I'm sharing one of my favorite dips with you it should be okay to ramble a little bit..Right?
So seriously though you have to roast some garlic and make this stuff.
Roasting garlic is really easy to do and it also makes your house smell amazing..and I mean who doesn't like garlic?
As much as I love the flavor of raw garlic...And I do incorporate it in my diet as much as possible for the flavor and health benefits.
When you roast garlic it's just a whole different flavor sensation, milder creamy and just plain delicious.
And this EASY ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS IS....
- Only Five ingredients
- Made with Creamy, Dreamy mildly flavored roasted garlic
- A good source of protein and healthy fats
- Great on a wrap, sandwich, veggies, crackers, or chips
- Quick to prepare and can be stored covered in fridge for up to five days
- Vegan & Gluten Free
Easy Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 heads of roasted garlic*
- juice of lemon ¼ cup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil plus some for roasting garlic
- 3-4 tbsp. water***
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roasted Garlic:
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Remove outer loose skin from garlic heads and cut top to expose cloves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub across the cloves with finger tips to get all coated.
- Place garlic heads on aluminum foil and wrap loosely**
- Then place on baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Bake about 40 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic(from 2 roasted heads), olive oil and water in food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to serving bowl
- Optional toppings:
- Additional roasted garlic, drizzle of olive oil, paprika
** I wrapped the heads in parchment paper and then the aluminum foil (this is optional)
***you want to gradually add the water. I started with 2 tbsp. but ended up adding 4 tbsp.