This Creamy Avocado Egg Salad is a nice twist on classic Egg salad. Mayo-free and goes great on a sandwich or as a dip for veggies and chips. Gluten free & Vegetarian.
Happy, Happy Easter Monday to You….
Hope your weekend was relaxing and you had lots of quality time with family and friends.
And since I figured you probably gathered lots of eggs yesterday… you may just need to put them to good use today.
Hence I’m sharing this Healthy Creamy Avocado Egg Salad.
While I’ve always been a big fan of traditional Egg Salad sometimes you just gotta switch things up a little bit.
So I got to “thinking” Why not combine this Easy Save An Avocado Dip with some hard boiled eggs? The results were incredible.
It was like marrying two of my favorite flavors together…Avocado and Eggs…Yummm!
So if the bunny left more eggs than you know what to do with get the kiddos to start peeling and lunch can be solved.
And if you’re anything like me (probably not…haha), you probably have an avocado sitting on the counter just calling your name…Save me, Save me.
Cause really that’s pretty much how it goes with Avocado…you’re waiting on them to perfectly ripen and then they’re gone in a flash.
Which reminds me when I was making this Creamy Avocado Egg Salad I thought I had the perfectly ripe Avocado ready to go…Not..and trust me for optimal flavor that’s what you want.
So off I go to the local store in search of the perfectly ripe Avocado…score and let me just tell you well worth the trip to the market.
And this Creamy Avocado Egg Salad is…
- A nice twist on the traditional egg salad
- Great way to use up those hard boiled eggs
- Avocado contains those good for you Fats..Yup
- Perfect on a sandwich, wrap, veggies, chips
- Worth an extra trip to the market
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Creamy Avocado Egg Salad (Mayo-Free)
- 6-7 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt full fat
- 1/4 of small red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel eggs and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Place in large serving bowl along with finely chopped red onion.
- In separate mixing bowl combine mashed avocado, greek yogurt, minced garlic, lime juice, Dijon mustard. dill, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add this to eggs & onion and combine well.
- Taste for salt & pepper.
- Can be topped with additional dill.