These Chickpea Cookie Dough bites are a quick easy one bowl recipe. Healthy portable little balls perfect for snacking, breakfast or when craving a guilt free treat. Gluten Free, Vegan, No Added Refined Sugar, Dairy Free.
Okay Guys.. so just hear me out on this one….
Cause WE all have experienced this at some point in our life.
And I think you know where I’m going with this. When ya just couldn’t wait for the cookies to be baked. 😏
So whatcha going do? Well of course sample the dough…lick the beaters and spoons…
Ya know just to make sure it’s perfect before putting in the oven.
But in this case you don’t have to….
Yesss… perfectly little portioned bites of cookie dough READY for the sampling! 😊
What you need to make these Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites:
- Chickpeas… duh of course
- Almond Butter
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Vanilla extract
- GF rolled oats
- Almond Flour
- Mini Chocolate Chips
So they’d kinda be like a Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie before being baked.
Can I swap out any ingredients?
You could easily swap out with another nut butter…
Such as peanut butter or cashew butter.
Or use dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts or whatever else you may like in cookies.
Cause the chickpeas are really the star here… so make sure to not swap them out.
And did you know ALL the amazing health benefits you get from Chickpeas.
An excellent source of protein so perfect for anyone on a vegetarian/vegan diet.
Contain a moderate amount of calories so can help you with weight management.
Low on the glycemic index so are great to help manage blood sugars.
And chickpeas are high in fiber which benefits digestion.
Plus they’re fairly economical and easy to add to your diet.
More Chickpea Love ❤
And don’t forget if you make this recipe to please let me know in the comments below, along with a star ⭐ rating!
Until next time-xoxo
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites (Gluten free & Vegan)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in food processor and pulse till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving the chocolate chips till the end.
- Pulse till comes together to form a sticky texture.
- Place mixture in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 tbsp. cookie scoop shape into balls with your hand and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Better if allowed to chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to a week.