These Cookie Dough Bites are an easy recipe for edible cookie dough made with chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans. No bake cookie dough bites that are naturally gluten free, healthy, vegan and refined sugar free.
Yummy little bites that are loaded with mini chocolate chips and perfect for breakfast or snacking!
Gluten free edible cookie dough bites that are great for an easy, healthy grab and go snack.
Why you'll love this recipe
- An excellent source of vegetarian protein.
- Low in calories, so great for weight management.
- Chickpeas are high in fiber which benefits digestion.
- Great to help manage blood sugars since they are low on the glycemic index.
- And since chickpeas are economical they are easy to add to your diet.
- Chickpeas- one 15.5 ounce can drained and rinsed. optional but you can remove the skins for a creamy bite.
- Rolled oats- gluten free certified rolled oats were used.
- Almond butter- organic creamy almond butter. Can be swapped out with another nut butter.
- Almond flour- blanched almond flour
- Maple syrup- use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
- Chocolate chips- enjoy life mini chocolate chips were used but you could swap with any chocolate chips.
How to make chickpea cookie dough bites
This is an easy one bowl recipe that comes together quickly in a food processor with only a few ingredients.
full directions are in the recipe card below
- Put drained and rinsed garbanzo beans in a food processor.
- Pulse till they are broken down and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients reserving the chocolate chips till the end.
- Pulse until everything is incorporated and it forms a sticky ball.
- Next add mini chocolate chips.
- Fold in with a spatula till combined.
Roll into balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Chill for about 30 minutes prior to storing or serving.
You can store these in airtight bags or containers in the fridge for up to 5 days!
For longer storage they can be frozen in airtight freezer bags.
Can you eat cookie dough bites raw
These are safe to eat raw since they don't contain any flour or eggs like the typical cookie dough that you bake.
Eating raw flour or eggs is not recommended since it can potentially cause illness.
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in food processor and pulse till smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving the chocolate chips till the end.
- Pulse till comes together to form a sticky texture.
- Place mixture in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 tbsp. cookie scoop shape into balls with your hand and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Better if allowed to chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to a week.
Updated from February 2019