These Loaded Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos are a healthier option than the traditional ones. Sweet Potatoes serving as the base and then loaded with all of your favorite toppings.Vegetarian, Gluten Free, & Vegan option.
SWEET POTATO NACHOS
Hello Friends and fellow Nacho lovers…Happy Thursday to you with a Yummy pan of Sweet Potato Nachos!
And what better way to have dinner than all on one pan. Plus it’s Nachos…healthy, tasty and loaded with a creamy sauce.
So What’s not to love? Loaded Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos are going have you re-thinking Sweet Potatoes Again! And probably even Nachos.
Hey, you’re getting all your much needed veggies in the form of Nachos.
Are you guys generally Sweet Potato lovers? Well first of all I must admit that I’ve kind of had mixed feelings about them until Now.
But once you’ve had them in the form of a nacho you’ll totally get what I’m saying.
Sweet Potatoes were just meant to be Nachos…Haha!! Basking in all that chili seasoning and topped with all that ooey gooey goodness.
What’s your favorite way to eat them? I’m still experimenting with them but these and then this have been some of my fav’s.
So if you thought nachos were only in the form of tortilla chips then you’re Really missing out.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good tortilla chip as well, but it’s been my mission to try and get as many veggies in whenever I can.
Hence you may want to also try this version as well.
Benefits of these Loaded Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos:
- Great source of Beta-Carotene
- Sweet Potatoes have been known to regulate blood sugars
- They also provide a good source of vitamin A & C
- It’s a one pan dinner that’s super tasty and fun to make
- Because Nachos are not just meant to be tortilla chips
- Vegetarian, Gluten free, & Vegan option
OTHER SWEET POTATO RECIPES TO TRY
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Loaded Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- couple dashes hot sauce
- optional toppings:
- black beans 15 ounce can
- medium tomato
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- jalapeno seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven 375 degrees and line large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice with mandolin slicer( I used 1/8 thickness setting).
- Place sweet potatoes in large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil, chili powder, and cumin. Combine well using your hands to gently coat all the potatoes.
- Place on sheet pan and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake 15 -20 minutes turning once during process.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile in medium sauce pan place cream cheese on low heat.
- As cream cheese starts to soften about 1 minute add greek yogurt.
- Continue to stir and till creamy and melted.
- Add Monterey jack cheese reserving about 1/4 cup for additional topping.
- Continue to stir a couple more minutes till cheese is completely melted.
- Add garlic powder and hot sauce, stir and set sauce aside.
- Nacho assembly:
- Top with rinsed black beans, creamy cheese sauce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno and place back in the oven additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven add cilantro and any additional cheese or toppings.