Garlic Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Bites are super Easy to prepare and make a great side for any meal. Seasoned with fragrant fresh thyme, lots of minced garlic and then slowly roasted to perfection. Also great to serve up alongside a holiday meal (Vegan & Gluten Free).
So with the start of a New week and it being October and all…easy, tasty and holiday-ish type food is what I wanted to bring to the table today.
And if you’re looking for holiday-ish, or easy these Garlic Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Bites will have you covered.
Since they only require a few herbs & minimal effort they’re pretty much perfect for almost any day of the week.
So whatcha waiting on?
So with all the options you should make sure to include them in your meal planning.
Since sweet potatoes are quite versatile and such a healthy addition to so many meals.
I’ve definitely found myself using them a lot more frequently.
And to be honest they’re one of those foods I didn’t particularly care for as a kid..but maybe that was due to the fact that we only ate them around holidays and usually in the same form.
Which generally only included, baked, mashed or in a pie. And I would have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt, that was one of those foods I would have said would never be on my adult table..haha!
Goes to show you how a few years…well maybe more than a few…can make a world of a difference.
Anyway, what are some of your favorite ways to serve them and did you like them as a kid?
Now let’s share WHY these Garlic Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Bites should be on your table since….
- Easy to prepare and loaded with lots of nutrients
- They are an important source of Vitamin A, help with Weight loss, and Great for the skin just to name a few
- Perfect alongside almost any meal
- Also great as a Holiday dish
- Vegan & Gluten Free
- 3 medium/large sweet potatoes
- 2½ tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ tbsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- coarse sea salt to taste & black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley & additional thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Optional: line large baking sheet with parchment paper(helps with clean up)
- Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks & place in medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving the optional toppings till the end.
- Mix well with spoon or hands and spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 - 35 minutes till tender & lightly browned turning several times during cooking.
- Remove from oven and place in serving bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and stir and can top with additional thyme.