Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. An easy, healthy flavorful side that's perfect served with any meal. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
These oven roasted sweet potato cubes are one of our favorite sides since they pair nicely with most meals.
Or the perfect addition to your holiday meal.
You can also serve any leftovers topped on a salad the next day.... so delish!
But however you choose to serve these cubed sweet potatoes, the simplicity and flavor will have you loving them as much as we do.
Ingredients for sweet potato cubes
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Garlic cloves
- Smoked paprika
- Red chili pepper flakes
How to make roasted sweet potato cubes
Full directions in recipe card below.
Start by preheating the oven and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper..
Trust me on the parchment paper as it will save you a ton of clean up time later!
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut up into bite sized cubes.
Mix the cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
Then place on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven to golden brown on the outside and tender in the middle.
Recipe notes and substitutions
You can use any variety of sweet potatoes for this recipe but I recommend garnet sweet potatoes for this recipe.
Sweet paprika could be subbed for the smoky paprika although I prefer it with the smoky flavors.
Make sure to coat the potatoes well and you can use your hands to mix and thoroughly coat all the cubes.
Other sides you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Optional: line large baking sheet with parchment paper(helps with clean up)
- Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks & place in medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving the optional toppings till the end.
- Mix well with spoon or hands and spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 - 35 minutes till tender & lightly browned turning several times during cooking.
- Remove from oven and place in serving bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and stir and can top with additional thyme.
Updated- originally posted October 2017