This vegan Lemon Dill Potato Salad without mayo is the perfect addition to summer BBQ's, potlucks or gatherings. A healthy potato salad packed full of fresh dill flavor that's naturally dairy free & gluten free.
An easy recipe for potato salad that you'll want to serve at all your spring and summer gatherings!
Especially since it's light, refreshing and bursting with tons of flavor.
- Potatoes- organic red potatoes are recommended for this salad but could swap out with gold or russet potatoes.
- Lemon juice- use freshly squeezed lemons.
- Parsley- flat leaf finely chopped.
- Dill weed- fresh dill weed chopped.
- Olive oil
- Red onion- I don't recommend swapping this out.
- Dijon mustard
- Red wine vinegar
📖 How to make dill potato salad
full directions are in the recipe card below
- Scrub potatoes, slice into approximately ¼ thick slices and place in large pot of salted water. Bring to boil and cook till fork tender.
- Meanwhile whisk together salad dressing ingredients.
- Drain completely, add chopped red onion to the potatoes and combine.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and onions and stir gently till coated.
Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
❓Frequently asked questions
It's actually delicious served either way! I recommend serving it at room temperature. So if you have leftovers take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving.
No, it's actually better to dress it while the potatoes are still warm.
You could certainly substitute the fresh dill and parsley with dried if that's all you have available. You'll want to change the equivalent of the dried herbs to less than that of the fresh. e.g.- so approximately 1 teaspoon of dried dill to replace a tablespoon of fresh dill.
🥗More salads to try
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Lemon Dill Potato Salad Recipe
- 5-6 medium red potatoes
- ½ small red onion finely chopped about ¼ cup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon about ¼ cup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 3-4 tbsp. fresh dill weed chopped divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Cook potatoes about 15-20 minutes till fork tender.
- Meanwhile mix dressing in medium mixing bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, thyme, 3 tbsp. dill weed and salt, pepper to taste.
- Whisk a minute or two until thoroughly combine.
- Drain potatoes well and place in large serving bowl, along with chopped red onion.
- Pour vinaigrette over potatoes and onion and gently combine.
- Top with remaining dill weed.
- Serve immediately or can store covered in fridge for up to five days.