This Grape Salad recipe with cream cheese & chopped pecans is an easy fruit salad to make and perfect for a quick dessert, potlucks or gatherings! A creamy grape salad that's naturally gluten free and refined sugar free with a dairy free option.
This salad is simple to prepare in less than 10 minutes and is seriously the best grape salad ever!
A side dish that everyone loves and is great served with easy pea salad or this mustard potato salad.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Great for a last minute side dish or dessert since it comes together quickly.
- A healthier option for dessert.
- Can be made dairy free or vegan.
- An easy dish to make for potlucks or gatherings.
🍇 Ingredients & substitutions
- Grapes- make sure the grapes are seedless. You can use red or green grapes. And I recommend organic grapes if possible.
- Cream cheese- variations or substitutes are low fat cream cheese or a dairy free cream cheese. I had great results with this dairy free cream cheese.
- Sour cream- substitute with greek yogurt or a dairy free sour cream for a lighter version.
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup- be sure you are using pure maple syrup and not pancake syrup.
- Pecans- chopped nuts are optional but you could use another nut or leave them off altogether.
📖 How to make grape fruit salad
- Add softened cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract and maple syrup to mixing bowl.
- Combine everything with a hand mixer till thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in grapes till coated.
- Top with chopped pecans (optional).
✔️ Top tips
- Make sure you are using softened cream cheese(room temperature) for easier blending.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the grapes before adding to cream cheese mixture.
- The grapes can be sliced in half especially if serving to young children.
- Allow the salad to chill at least 1 hour prior to serving for best flavor.
Store in a covered airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
No. This salad will not freeze well with the cream cheese dressing.
There are approximately 2 ½ cups of grapes in a pound.
You could also add chopped apples or strawberries would work well. If adding other fruit you'll need to reduce the amount of grapes used.
📌 More salads you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Creamy Grape Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs. red seedless grapes
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cups chopped pecans
- In large mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract and maple syrup and combine with hand mixer till smooth and creamy.
- Fold in rinsed grapes.
- Top with chopped pecans prior to serving.
Soooo yummy!!! I sprinkled a few granules of brown sugar substitute on it just to make it pretty. Love this recipe!!!
OMG this is pure heaven on a plate. Simply delicious!!
Lauren Vavala | DeliciousLittleBites
I've never had anything like this before but it sounds delicious! I'm going to have to make this for my kids!
I used to make something similar to this. I LOVE the addition of the pecans! Making it this way from now on. Thanks!
This is a great idea, I love grape salads!
What a simple but delicious combination! I love this idea!