This Cilantro Lime Slaw is light, fresh and creamy. An easy coleslaw recipe that comes together in under 10 minutes. Great served on burgers, tacos, or the perfect summer side. Gluten-Free, Easy, Dairy-Free.
So when it comes to summer BBQ's, potlucks or picnics coleslaw is pretty much a given!
Cause nothing says summer better than a big bowl of crunchy fresh slaw topped on veggie burgers or along side the potato salad.
Both of which are some of my favorite summer drinks!
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME SLAW
You can certainly buy the ready made coleslaw mix and leave out this first step.
But personally I like to shred my own cabbage and carrots since it's super quick and easy in the food processor.
Combine the slaw mix with the remaining ingredients for this easy DELISH slaw perfect with almost anything!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR SLAW
- Red and Green Cabbage
- Green onion
TIPS FOR THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE
If you're shredding your own cabbage make sure to do a combination of both red and green.
You'll want to discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and remove any bruised or discolored areas.
Cut into wedges that will easily slide into the food processor. You could also use a mandolin or just thinly slice the cabbage yourself.
A creamy dressing is key to a good slaw.. I prefer to use all mayo but if you like you could substitute with half greek yogurt or sour cream.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY...
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Cilantro Lime Slaw (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 6 cups of a mix of red and green shredded cabbage
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots about 2 carrots
- 1 jalapeno
- Generous handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups mayo
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 green onion chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Shred cabbage using food processor, mandolin slicer or could even use a knife if you don't have one.
- Place in large mixing bowl.
- Also shred carrot using food processor or mandolin and place in mixing bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add to cabbage and carrots.
- Slice jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes.*
- Chop jalapeno in small pieces and add to cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
- In medium mixing bowl add add mayo, lime juice, green onion and salt & pepper to taste and combine well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss till completely coated.
- Serve immediately or can be stored in fridge covered for up to five days.
Updated- originally posted May, 2017