This Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is made with a blend of red and green cabbage. Sliced in thin strips using a mandolin and then topped with a creamy slightly tart dressing. Gluten free & Vegetarian.
Hey and Happy Monday and First of May!
Wow…where the heck is this year going? Can you believe it’s already May 1st?
Anyway you know what that means. More cookouts, longer days and of course lots of salads and slaw to go with all of that.
And this Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is easy to prepare, only requires a handful of ingredients and will Wow your family and guests.
Serve this along side all your little grilled goodies or even top it on your favorite burgers or tacos. Trust me…the possibilities are endless with this.
So bring on the cookouts and boy can I say I’m ready. Are you Guys?
And since cabbage provides you with so many healthy nutrients, you really can feel good about eating a big bowl of this or two.
Cabbage provides an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin B6 just to name a few.
Oh, and let’s not forget that all important factor that cabbage is great for the waistline.
So with swimsuit weather approaching this is definitely a great one to include in your diet.
While you could shred the cabbage with a box grater, I highly recommend using a mandolin if you have one to get these lovely little thin strips.
Since this allows the cabbage to really absorb more of the flavors of the creamy dressing.
So let’s just list all of the wonderful reasons to Enjoy this Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw!
- Of course simple to prepare and only requiring a few ingredients
- Loaded with lots of great nutrients
- And the ever so important “Great for the Waistline” and swimsuit weather
- Perfect for all your cookouts and summertime gatherings
- Will Wow your family and guests
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- 6 cups of a mix of red and green shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots about 2 carrots
- 1 jalapeno
- Generous handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Dressing ingredients:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 green onion chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Shred cabbage using a mandolin slicer or could even use a knife if you don't have one.
- Place in large mixing bowl.
- Also shred carrot using mandolin and place in mixing bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add to cabbage and carrots.
- Slice jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes.*
- Chop jalapeno in small pieces and add to cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
- In medium mixing bowl add add mayo, greek yogurt, lime juice, green onion and salt & pepper to taste and combine well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss till completely coated.
- Serve immediately or can be stored in fridge covered for up to five days.