This Italian Broccoli Salad is lightly steamed broccoli topped with hard boiled eggs. It's that SIMPLE... Then tossed with a lemony caper dressing. An easy quick summer lunch or dinner perfect served warm or cold. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dairy-free.
And who doesn't want all the easy, tasty & healthy dinner ideas they can get.
Especially in the summer when you're trying to keep things quick and not spend all day in the kitchen.
So the idea for this salad came from my daughter Samantha who insists that I always make her THIS Broccoli Salad when she's home visiting.
Broccoli Salad was one of the first recipes I shared on the blog since she & all her friends were continually asking me for the recipe.
But then recently after a week long visit with my granddaughter Makaela... when mama bear (Samantha) came to pick her up we started discussing the ingredients in my Broccoli salad.....
Since of course there was a big bowl of the original waiting on her. 😀
HENCE THIS NO MAYO BROCCOLI SALAD WAS CREATED...
With hard boiled eggs added to the broccoli salad as suggested...... and a few other simple ingredients.
PLUS Broccoli has so many great health benefits such as...
- The fiber content in broccoli is amazing for regulating digestion
- Broccoli also contains phenolic compounds that lower chances of chronic disease
- Good for optimal liver function
- Boosts brain health & great for shiny healthy hair
- Detoxifies the body with the presence of vitamin C, sulfer, & amino acids
- Aids in giving you healthy skin & also protects against UV rays
- Also boosts immunity
So why not include it regularly in your diet!
AND LOW CARB BROCCOLI SALAD....
Like this Italian Broccoli Salad is the perfect way to switch up serving broccoli.
And here are a few other RECIPES for including broccoli in the diet.
- Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites
- Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad
- Broccoli Quinoa Salad
- Baked Potato Broccoli Cakes
Anywho, don't forget the broccoli on your next shopping trip...cause there are so many delicious ways to prepare it and so many reasons you should be eating it! 😉
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Italian Broccoli & Egg Salad (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets
- Break broccoli into bite sized florets.
- Lightly steam broccoli about 5-6 minutes just until fork tender. Then rinse in cold water to stop cooking.
- Add cooled broccoli florets to large salad bowl & top with hard boiled eggs.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, capers, oregano, honey, salt & pepper to taste in small mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Pour over broccoli florets & eggs.
- Can serve immediately or store covered in fridge for up to five days.