This Italian Broccoli Salad is lightly steamed broccoli topped with hard boiled eggs. It’s that SIMPLE… Then tossed with a lemony caper dressing. An easy quick summer lunch or dinner perfect served warm or cold (Gluten Free & Low Carb).
And who doesn’t want all the easy, tasty & healthy dinner ideas they can get. Especially in the summer when you’re trying to keep things quick and not spend all day in the kitchen.
So the idea for this salad came from my daughter Samantha who insists that I always make her Broccoli Salad when she’s home visiting.
Broccoli Salad was one of the first recipes I shared on the blog since she & all her friends were continually asking me for the recipe.
But then recently after a week long visit with my granddaughter Makaela, when mama bear (Samantha) came to pick her up we started discussing the ingredients in my Broccoli salad…..since of course there was a big bowl of the original waiting on her. 😀
And while I never thought to add eggs to broccoli salad before; when she mentioned it I thought what a fabulous idea…… So I knew the making of yet another broccoli salad was about to happen here on the blog. 😆
Especially since Broccoli has so many great health benefits such as…
- The fiber content in broccoli is amazing for regulating digestion
- Broccoli also contains phenolic compounds that lower chances of chronic disease
- Good for optimal liver function
- Boosts brain health & great for shiny healthy hair
- Detoxifies the body with the presence of vitamin C, sulfer, & amino acids
- Aids in giving you healthy skin & also protects against UV rays
- Also boosts immunity
So why not include it regularly in your diet!
And this Italian Broccoli Salad is just one more way to prepare it along with some other yummy ideas below!
- Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites
- Lemony Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Baked Potato Broccoli Cakes
Anywho, don’t forget the broccoli on your next shopping trip…cause there are so many delicious ways to prepare it and so many reasons you should be eating it! 😉
Italian Broccoli & Egg Salad (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break broccoli into bite sized florets.
- Lightly steam broccoli about 5-6 minutes just until fork tender. Then rinse in cold water to stop cooking.
- Add cooled broccoli florets to large salad bowl & top with hard boiled eggs.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, capers, oregano, honey, salt & pepper to taste in small mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Pour over broccoli florets & eggs.
- Can serve immediately or store covered in fridge for up to five days.