These Baked Cauliflower Bites are perfect as a party appetizer, game day snack, or even for dinner with your favorites sides. Spicy hand held cheesy bites that are loaded with flavor and great alone or with a creamy dipping sauce. (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
Updated- this was originally posted in May 2016
So if you have yet to jump on the cauliflower bandwagon, I think these Spicy Cauliflower Cheesy bites are sure to bring you a little closer.
Spicy, cheesy, messy and oh sooo flavorful….so bring on the napkins please! 😆
But seriously, cauliflower is one of my go to veggies for so many reasons and you can almost always find a head of cauliflower in my fridge.
Since cauliflower is low in carbs, loaded with nutrition, and basically takes on the flavors of whatever you add to it….making it a pretty obvious choice to add to so many meals.
And Cauliflower has lots of great health benefit such as…..
- Fights inflammation
- Improves digestion & detoxification
- Aids in weight loss
- Preserves eye health
- Balances hormones
All the more reasons to add these Spicy little Cauliflower bites to your to do list!
Plus these cauliflower bites are super easy to make, with only a few easy to find ingredients.
So whatcha waiting for… 😉 with so many reasons to try these yummy little treats and even more so if you’re into the spicy thing like me.
Along with these Baked Cauliflower Bites here are some other yummy cauliflower recipes to try…..
And these my friends are just a few of my favorites! But be sure to have a look around for lots more cauliflower inspiration Right here on the blog!
Especially once you’ve had a chance to try these Spicy Baked Cauliflower Cheese Bites! 😀
Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Bites
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease large piece of parchment paper and place on baking sheet.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Break cauliflower into florets and put in boiling water. Cook 5-6 minutes. Drain well.
- Pulse in food processor in batches and then lay between paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible.**
- Place riced cauliflower in bowl with beaten egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper, and cheese. Combine well. Shape into bite size balls and place on greased parchment paper.
- Cook 15 minutes and turn over and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter over medium low heat and add hot sauce.
- Remove bites from oven and brush with hot sauce mixture. Return to oven and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and can drizzle with additional hot sauce*