Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites are a tasty, portable snack or appetizer. Can also easily be served as a main course option with any of your favorite sides. Both Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
**Updated** This post has been updated with new pictures. It was originally posted in May 2016 but wanted to showcase it again with new pictures. The recipe & post words remain the same.
As I’m sitting here trying to get my thoughts together and trying to share with you just how wonderful these Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites truly are, my mind just seems to keep wandering.
So I’m not sure if it’s the whole Daylight Savings thing and losing the hour sleep or if I just have a lot of other things on my mind.
And it doesn’t help if you start sharing your thoughts and you have a quick loss on your WiFi connection and have to start over.
Apparently I need to hit save more frequently.
So anyway, even though I really enjoy the extra hour of daylight in the evening I’m not so sure I like readjusting my sleep patterns.
I mean sleep is so crucial to our overall health. They say that Daylight Savings time can have a lot of negative effects on people(whoever they are).
So why oh why would we want to do this??
Anywho, let’s talk Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites now. Some of my favorite goodies all packed into one little ball.
I wish I had one of these little babies RIGHT now. They’re really so good to snack on and I also like to eat them cold out of the fridge, although that night I had them for dinner.
So many options for these, but they’re just super tasty and nutritious and you can’t argue with that.
I opted to make my own bread crumbs for these since I had some gluten-free bread in the fridge I needed to use.
And since bread crumbs are super Easy to make….. You could also use GF stuffing mix bread crumbs and those would work equally as well.
But if I haven’t convinced you quite yet let me just tell you all about these delicious little bite sized treats.
These Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites are…..
- Fun little bite sized treats perfect for snacking or appetizers
- Also perfect as a main course option
- Loaded with lots of healthy veggies
- Great served with your favorite dipping sauce
- Kid friendly
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
Broccoli Parmesan Spinach Bites
- 1 large bunch broccoli trimmed
- 4 slices gluten-free bread*
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder oregano, and basil
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese shredded about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- handful of spinach leaves chopped about 1 cup
- 4 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Trim broccoli and steam until slightly wilted but still a little crunchy. Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Meanwhile lightly toast bread for crumbs. Put bread in food processor to make crumbs. Add garlic powder, oregano, and basil to bread crumbs.
- Chop steamed broccoli into small pieces and put into medium mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs, garlic, onion, parmesan cheese, beaten eggs and chopped spinach.
- Mix and form into balls. Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes