This Broccoli Quinoa Salad is a healthy, fresh satisfying meal that comes together in under 20 minutes. And even better made ahead since the flavors intensify more over time. The perfect salad to have on hand for quick tasty lunches & dinner. Or even good for potlucks & gatherings. Easy, Vegan, GF, Dairy Free.
And if you’re a big Fan of make-ahead dishes, then you REALLY need to put this salad on your to do list.
Cause not only does it taste better the next day…..
It’s super easy to make and only requires a few common ingredients.
What’s needed to make this Broccoli Quinoa Salad:
- Cooked Quinoa
- Raw Broccoli
- Fresh Garlic
- Red Onion
- Olive oil
So you see it’s a very basic salad that’s loaded with tons of lemony garlicky flavor.
You can also add a few optional ingredients if you like…
Such as pumpkin seeds, red chili pepper or any of your favorite add-ins.
I personally like things a little spicy so love adding in lots of red chili pepper flakes. 😉
Benefits of adding Quinoa to your Diet…..
- Quinoa is one of the most protein rich foods you can eat….
- And it contains nine essential amino acids.
- It’s also high in fiber, riboflavin, and manganese….
- Plus contains almost twice the amount of fiber as most other grains.
Therefore keeping you feeling full longer which may also aid you in weight loss.
Really lots of great reasons to jump ✔ on the Quinoa bandwagon.
Tips for making the best Quinoa Salad:
I like to thoroughly rinse the quinoa prior to cooking. So just measure it out, put it in a bowl and cover with cold water.
Let it sit a minimum of 15 minutes before draining it in a fine mesh strainer. Then cook per package directions.
Make the salad at least a couple hours ahead for optimal flavors.
Also it helps if you have already cooked Quinoa ready to go.
You can actually keep cooked Quinoa in a covered container in the fridge….
Which is perfect for this salad and meal prep in general.
More recipes using Quinoa…..
And if you make this recipe please be sure to let me know in the comments below! I’d love to see how much you Enjoyed it with a star ⭐ rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Broccoli Quinoa Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, DF)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp.
- 3 cloves finely mined garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds
- red chili pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile chop broccoli into small bite sized pieces and add to cooled quinoa.
- Mince garlic and add to olive oil and pour over salad.
- Then add lemon juice, zest, and red onion.
- Combine thoroughly and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and place in fridge till ready to serve.