Vegan creamed corn is an easy to prepare side dish great for the holidays or served with almost any meal. A dairy free creamed corn recipe that comes together in about 20 minutes that's both gluten free and refined sugar free.
Homemade creamed corn is sweet, creamy and tastes so much better than anything you can get in a can.
A simple side dish made with tender sweet corn in a creamy delicious plant based sauce.
An easy to make holiday side that the whole family is going love!
- Almond milk- unsweetened organic almond milk or any other plant based milk such as cashew or coconut milk.
- Sweet corn- Use frozen corn or fresh corn for best results.
- Cream cheese- I love this brand of dairy free cream cheese , but you can substitute with regular cream cheese if you don't need it to be vegan.
- Tapioca flour- can substitute with organic corn starch.
- Vegan butter- this is the vegan butter that I used. Regular butter can be used in place of it.
- Garlic- two cloves minced.
- Olive oil- unrefined virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings- thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
How to make vegan creamed corn
full directions in the recipe card below
- Melt olive oil and vegan butter over medium heat with minced garlic. Sauté until till translucent about 1 minute.
- Add corn and seasonings and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese into the corn and stir till melted and incorporated.
- Stir in almond milk and tapioca flour and mix till starting to thicken about 2-3 minutes.
Pro tip- whisk the flour into the milk before adding to the corn mixture.
How to store creamed corn
Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More holiday sides
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Vegan Creamed Corn
- 10 ounces frozen sweet corn kernels
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ounces vegan cream cheese
- ½ tbsp. tapioca flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper- optional
- Add olive oil & butter to skillet on stove top over medium heat and sauté garlic 1-2 minutes till translucent.
- Stir in frozen corn kernels, thyme, salt & pepper to taste and and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Add vegan cream cheese and stir till melted.
- Whisk tapioca flour into almond milk and add to corn mixture.
- Cook several more minutes till it starts to thicken. Taste for salt & pepper.
Updated from December 2018