This Creamed Corn is velvety rich, creamy and makes the perfect addition to any meal. Easy to prepare with lightly charred corn that brings out all the natural sweetness. Gluten Free, Easy, No Added Refined Sugars.
So anytime you can add lots of cream & butter to some veggies then you know you’re going end up with something extra special…. Kinda Spectacular even 🙌
Ya know… Holiday worthy and all!
Cause creaming veggies, whether it be corn or spinach just takes them to the next level of YUM.
And if you’re wanting something special for the Holiday or even for an extra special dinner then creamed corn is an easy delicious option.
What’s in Creamed Corn?
• Sweet corn
• Cream, Half & Half or Milk
And some additional add-ins for this recipe:
• Cream Cheese
• Sweet onion
• Red bell pepper
And since I’m a big fan of garlic, onions, & peppers then I tend to include them in so many recipes…
But you could easily leave any of those out if you don’t have them on hand.
Just don’t skip the step of charring the corn for the ultimate flavor in this creamed corn recipe.
What pairs well with Creamed Corn?
Well just about anything 😆 but here are a few sides I would recommend…
Should you use Frozen, Canned or Fresh Corn?
I used frozen corn kernels in this recipe but you could also use canned or fresh corn.
Since frozen and canned are readily available year around those would be the easy choices to come by.
Personally I prefer frozen veggies over canned just for the freshness factor and texture of them. But in the summertime I love to grill and use fresh corn in recipes.
More recipes using Corn:
- Mexican Street Corn Nachos Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Soup
- One Skillet Mexican Corn Dip
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
And don’t forget if you make this recipe to please let me know in the comments below with a star ⭐ rating!
Until next time-xoxo
Easy Homemade Creamed Corn
- 20 ounces frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 3 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups half & half cream divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to skillet on stove top and over medium heat saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic 2-3 minutes till translucent.
- Stir in frozen corn kernels, thyme and salt and raise heat to medium high and cook till you just start to hear the corn pop.
- Remove corn from pan, place in bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile in same pan add butter and once melted add 1 cup half & half cream and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is almost completely melted & creamy.
- In a small separate bowl whisk together the other cup of half & half cream with corn starch and set aside.
- Add sauteed corn back to pan along with additional cream with corn starch and stir.
- Cook several more minutes till it starts to thicken. Taste for salt & pepper.