Maple Glazed Carrots are an easy side dish that goes great with almost any meal. Only 3 ingredients needed for maple roasted carrots that are holiday worthy! These slow roasted maple carrots are naturally vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
So with the holiday season approaching soon, it's always a good idea to start planning your menu ahead of time!
These maple glazed carrots are perfect since you only need 3 ingredients and they come together in about 30 minutes.
They're also easy to make ahead so you can prep them the day before and have a tasty side dish ready to go.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's super easy to make with only 3 ingredients needed
- Comes together in about 30 minutes
- Perfect for the holiday table and goes great with most meals
- Can easily be made ahead
- Naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free
- Carrots- I recommend using organic carrots if possible. You can use the rainbow assortment of carrots or all orange!
- Olive oil- extra virgin organic olive oil.
- Maple syrup- use a good quality pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup.
- Salt & pepper- Freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper recommended
optional- cayenne pepper and freshly chopped parsley
How to make maple glazed carrots
full directions below in the recipe card
- Peel and dice the carrots into similar sized pieces and add to mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread out on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and optional cayenne pepper, give it a toss a return to the oven for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley and black pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Before storing the carrots, thoroughly cool them and place in an airtight container in the fridge 3-4 days.
They can be frozen for longer storage but may not retain the same texture.
Other sides to try
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Maple Glazed Carrots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel carrots and slice into as evenly sized chunks as possible with the carrots you have to ensure even cooking.
- Place carrots in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and stir.
- Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with maple syrup and optional cayenne pepper and give a quick toss.
- Put back in oven and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and can top with optional fresh parsley.
Updated from April 2019