These fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes are easy to make and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack. Serve them topped with fresh fruit or plain for an easy, delicious snack. A naturally gluten-free recipe for the best coconut flour pancakes
I love using coconut flour in many recipes since it's gluten-free, low-carb and high in protein & fiber!
So I've been experimenting with coconut flour in lots of recipes including this coconut flour pizza crust!
And this low-carb pizza crust is great served with all your favorite toppings and comes together with just a few ingredients.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Fluffy, light delicious pancakes with just a hint of coconut.
- High in protein but low in carbs.
- Super easy to make.
- Perfect with your favorite toppings or served alone.
- Coconut milk
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder & cinnamon
- Eggs- large
- Maple syrup
- Cashew butter
Coconut milk- can use almond milk or any of your favorite milks.
Cashew butter- can be substituted with another nut butter or regular unsalted butter.
Maple syrup- can use another sweetener of choice such as honey.
How to make coconut flour pancakes step by step.
Start by preheating a non-stick skillet or cast iron griddle over medium low heat.
l want to gather all the ingredients needed to make them.
- Whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- In small separate bowl beat together eggs, cashew butter, coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients in with dry and combine thoroughly till smooth.
- Using a ¼ scoop pour batter into preheated skillet and cook till bubbly and edges start to brown.
- Flip over and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Enjoy topped with fruit, maple syrup or even plain!
Any leftover pancakes should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Coconut flour is very absorbent so more liquid and eggs is often required.
- This pancake batter will be a little thicker than standard pancakes, so you'll just need to spread it out with the back of a spoon when pouring into the pan.
- You can always adjust by adding a little extra liquid to the batter if too thick.
More coconut flour recipes
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
- 4 tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- 6 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp. water
- coconut oil for frying
- Preheat skillet to medium low heat and coat with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Mix coconut flour, baking powder & cinnamon in medium mixing bowl with whisk till thoroughly incorporated making sure to remove any clumps in flour.
- In small separate bowl whisk together eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk & cashew butter.
- Add to flour mix and whisk till combined.
- Stir in water 1 tbsp. at a time till you get desired consistency.
- Spoon into pre-heated pan and cook 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip & cook approximately 2-3 more minutes.
- Can keep warm in oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
Updated post from August 2018