Crispy Oven Baked Onion Rings are covered in a crunchy coating and then oven baked. For a lighter twist on onion rings without sacrificing on flavors. Quick & super Easy to make and a great way to switch up fries. Vegetarian, Gluten Free.
And Happy Tuesday to ya and Happy day before Valentine’s Day♥ !
Well I think that should about cover it… at least for the moment.
BAKED ONION RINGS…
Onion Rings for my Valentine you’re asking? Now that’s a little different.
It may or may not be something you want to serve your Valentine since it’s typically a day for Chocolate & Flowers!
Or one of those romantic kinda elegant dinners… which I’ve served in the past.
But in my case it actually is…hubby loves them, so it should be all about what your special person loves.
And elegant really is in the eyes of the beholder. Right?
Do you guys celebrate Valentines Day? I feel like February already goes by in a flash with it being such a short month and all.
Plus I have so many friends & families, birthdays this month including my own. So I tend to put Valentines Day on the short list.
So even though I considered sharing something chocolate with you guys today, I always tend to be a little late to the game. haha!
Meaning I didn’t quite pull it off on time.
Updating my Crock Pot Queso Blanco Dip the week after the Superbowl…I know, I know that’s called lack of planning!
But maybe I’ll have some in the near future since I’ve been experimenting with a few recipes.
And to be honest several recipes I’m currently working on have taken a few attempts and are still a work in progress.
Cause you ‘re only going see the good stuff here…stuff I’ve tested probably on more than one occasion and meets family approval & all.
And if your Valentine loves onion rings as much as mine….
THEN let’s just state ALL the reasons to make these GLUTEN-FREE ONION RINGS!
- Quick & Super Easy to make
- A lighter version of onion rings
- Crispy, addictive & perfect as an appetizer or served as a side
- Hubby approved
- High in many nutrients as well as unique Phytonutrients
- Great way to serve up onions
- Vegetarian & Gluten Free
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Crispy Oven Baked Gluten Free Onion Rings
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups corn chip & potato chip crumbs - See recipe notes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel onion and cut into approximately 1/2 inch slices and separate into rings.
- Beat eggs in bowl wide enough to coat onions and set aside.
- Pulse your choice of gluten free crumbs in food processor.
- Set up dipping stations starting with bowl of water, almond flour, beaten eggs, & then crumbs.
- Start by wetting onion ring in water, then dipping in flour(shaking off any excess). dipping in eggs & then coating in crumbs also shaking off excess.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes till starting to brown & crisp. Flip over and bake an additional 5 minutes.