An easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce that comes together quickly in about 15 minutes. Great for all your grilled foods this summer. Vegan, Gluten free, Refined sugar free & delicious.
So if you're looking for an easy to make homemade barbecue sauce recipe that's absolutely delicious, then you're in the right place!
Cause this barbecue sauce comes together super fast on the stovetop and is a great make ahead recipe.
You're definitely going want to have this one on hand for all your favorite grilled foods. It's also yummy mixed into baked beans.
And it's much tastier and fresher than anything you can buy already made.
Ingredients you'll need
- Ketchup- make sure you're using unsweetened ketchup for this. I like this ketchup.
- Apple cider vinegar- I don't recommend swapping this ingredient out.
- Tomato paste- this thickens the sauce so don't skip this one.
- Molasses- look for unsulphured molasses.
- Maple syrup- you could swap with honey if you don't need this to be vegan.
- Coconut aminos- can be swapped with Bragg liquid aminos or another soy sauce. Just make sure it says gluten-free on the bottle.
- Seasonings- smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
How to make homemade barbecue sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir, bring to a simmer and allow to cook approximately 15 minutes.
Allow to cool and store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week.
For longer storage you can freeze it in airtight freezer safe container or even ice cube trays.
Thaw in a bowl in the fridge.
What to use bbq sauce on
Any and all your favorite grilled foods. Use it in place of ketchup as a dip for fries or even as a pizza sauce.
One of our favorite ways is on Grilled Cauliflower Steaks!
And we love to pair this with Mexican Street Corn salad. This is one of our favorite super easy delicious summer meals!
Other summer salads to try
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Homemade Barbecue Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Put all of the above ingredients in medium saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in covered glass jar in the fridge.
Updated- originally posted April 2019