An Easy Egg Salad recipe that's perfect on sandwiches, wraps or a bed of lettuce to keep it low carb. The best egg salad recipe to serve at potlucks, picnics or summer gatherings. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Easy.
We love a good egg salad recipe for so many reasons!
But especially since it's super easy to make, high in protein, low in carbs and great on a wrap, bread or crackers.
Not to mention how delicious it is served on one of these soft almond flour tortillas.
And it's very versatile, so you can also add in any of your favorite extras to this basic recipe!
- Hard boiled eggs- I know everyone has their favorite way to cook hard boiled eggs, but I highly recommend this egg cooker. It has totally streamlined the process of making hard boiled eggs and they're so much easier to peel.
- Mayo- you can easily adjust the amount on this by a tablespoon or two if you want it creamier.
- Red onion, celery, and garlic- make sure to finely dice all your veggies.
- Dijon mustard- I don't recommend swapping this or leaving it out since it adds a nice tangy flavor to the recipe.
- Apple cider vinegar- you could swap out with white wine vinegar.
- Seasonings- garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, & paprika.
How to make it
- Start by chopping the hard boiled eggs, celery, onion, and garlic and add to a mixing bow.
- Next add the salad dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- And whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Pour over salad and mix.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
It should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Ways to serve it
On a sandwich, wrap or a bed of lettuce. It's perfect to have on hand for quick easy meals.
Other easy recipes you may like
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Easy Egg Salad (Gluten Free, Low carb)
- 7 large organic hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onions
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine chopped eggs with onion, celery, and garlic.
- Meanwhile in separate bowl combine remaining ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over eggs, diced onion, celery and garlic.
- Combine well.
Updated- originally posted October 2015, modified March 2019