This Watermelon Cucumber Salad recipe is a light refreshing side that’s perfect for summer meals, picnics and BBQ’s. Especially since it comes together quickly & with only a handful of fresh ingredients. Gluten-Free, Easy, Healthy, Vegan.
So when it comes to summertime, watermelon and cookouts are just always going to be a part of that!
Whether I’m cutting up a big juicy watermelon for a salad or this easy refreshing Watermelon Lemonade, it’s pretty much a summertime staple in our house.
And watermelon is such a great way to stay hydrated when it’s hot since it’s mostly water… about 92% water and low in calories.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is an easy side to include with your next cookout or picnic.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS WATERMELON SALAD RECIPE
- English Cucumber
- Red Onion
- Fresh Mint
- Dressing- lime juice, olive oil
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SALAD
Make sure to use a ripe tasty watermelon- when picking one at the store try to get the heaviest one for it’s size.. this is a good indicator there’s plenty of water in it.
Also you can look for the field spot on the watermelon- this is where the watermelon was resting on the ground. It should be a creamy yellowish color.
This salad is best served the day of. You could prep the ingredients and store covered in the fridge.
Then add the dressing a few hours prior to serving, refrigerate it so it’s cold and the flavors are blended.
OTHER SUMMER RECIPES
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Watermelon Cucumber Salad (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 large english cucumber sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut seedless watermelon into bite sized cubes and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add sliced cucumber, red onion and gently combine.
- Pour lime juice and olive oil over salad and sprinkle with fresh mint and cracked black pepper.
- Gently toss, chill and serve.