This Watermelon Cucumber Salad recipe is a light refreshing side that's perfect for summer meals, picnics and BBQ's. Especially since it comes together quickly & with only a handful of fresh ingredients. Gluten-Free, Easy, Healthy, Vegan.
So when it comes to summertime, watermelon and cookouts are just always going to be a part of that!
Whether I'm cutting up a big juicy watermelon for a salad or this easy refreshing Watermelon Lemonade, it's pretty much a summertime staple in our house.
And watermelon is such a great way to stay hydrated when it's hot since it's mostly water... about 92% water and low in calories.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad is an easy side to include with your next cookout or picnic.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS WATERMELON SALAD RECIPE
- English Cucumber
- Red Onion
- Fresh Mint
- Dressing- lime juice, olive oil
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SALAD
Make sure to use a ripe tasty watermelon- when picking one at the store try to get the heaviest one for it's size.. this is a good indicator there's plenty of water in it.
Also you can look for the field spot on the watermelon- this is where the watermelon was resting on the ground. It should be a creamy yellowish color.
This salad is best served the day of. You could prep the ingredients and store covered in the fridge.
Then add the dressing a few hours prior to serving, refrigerate it so it's cold and the flavors are blended.
OTHER SUMMER RECIPES
Watermelon Cucumber Salad (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 large english cucumber sliced
- ¼ medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut seedless watermelon into bite sized cubes and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add sliced cucumber, red onion and gently combine.
- Pour lime juice and olive oil over salad and sprinkle with fresh mint and cracked black pepper.
- Gently toss, chill and serve.