These no bake Dark Chocolate Truffles are rich creamy decadent chocolatey treats. A healthy chocolate truffle that is both dairy free and paleo friendly. And they're super easy to make with only a few ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, Easy.
I absolutely love an easy decadent chocolatey treat!
But even better when they're so quick to come together with simple good for you ingredients.
And these six ingredient chocolate truffles are perfect when craving a guilt free treat.
So are you ready to get started with these Dark Chocolate Truffles?
- Almond flour- make sure you're using blanched almond flour.
- Cacao powder- unsweetened. You could substitute with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Chocolate chips- these truffles are made with vegan friendly dark chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil- virgin unrefined coconut oil melted
- Almond extract- could substitute with vanilla extract although I recommend almond extract for these truffles.
How to make them
Start by blending the almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and almond extract in the food processor. Blend till it comes together and forms a sticky ball.
Using a tablespoon cookie scoop roll into balls with your hands and lay on a parchment lined tray.
Once all rolled place balls in freezer to harden up.
Meanwhile melt chocolate with remaining coconut oil in a double boiler till smooth and creamy.
Remove balls from freezer and using a slotted spoon or fork dip each ball into the melted chocolate and lay back on lined tray.
Optional- sprinkle with coarse flaky sea salt.
I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
You can freeze them for longer storage.
They can also be stored at room temperature in a cool place in a sealed airtight container for 3-4 days.
More chocolate treats
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Dark Chocolate Truffles (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- course sea salt for topping
- Put almond flour, cocoa powder, almond extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil in food processor and blend until it all comes together and forms a big sticky ball.
- Scoop out in 1 tbsp. sized balls and roll in your hand to shape into balls.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and continue till you've made all balls.
- Place in fridge or freezer to firm up while melting chocolate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate chips with ½ tbsp. coconut oil over double boiler till smooth & creamy.
- Dip harden balls in melted chocolate using a slotted spoon and place back on parchment paper.
- Place back in fridge till set a minimum of 30 minutes. Can top with sea salt at this time.
- Then store in air tight container.
Updated- originally posted January 2019