This Double Chocolate Truffles recipe is rich decadent chocolatey treats that are so easy to prepare and require no baking. A great way to satisfy chocolate cravings without any guilt. No Added Refined Sugar, Vegan, Paleo, GF, Dairy Free.
Okay friends with Valentine’s Day being right around the corner then why not surprise that special someone with Chocolate! Lots of it 😉
And these Chocolate Truffles would be perfect since they’re sooo easy to make and have twice the chocolate….
Plus they’re made without added refined sugar so you can feel good about eating them and sharing them. ❤
How are Chocolate Truffles typically made?
They’re typically made with a chocolate ganache centre then coated in chocolate, cocoa powder or nuts.
But the filling can be made without using any cream which is what ganache is usually made with…. chocolate and cream.
What you’ll need for this Vegan Double Chocolate Truffles recipe:
unsweetened cocoa powder
vegan friendly chocolate chips
pure maple syrup
unrefined coconut oil
So now that we covered what you need to make these then….
How to make Chocolate Truffles?
The filling for these truffles is made in a food processor.
And then the chocolate coating is just melted chocolate with a little bit of coconut oil.
What’s the best way to store my Homemade Chocolate Truffles?
They can be kept at room temperature in a covered container for up to a week.
But best kept in the fridge in covered container for longer storage. I’ve kept them in the fridge covered for up to 2 weeks.
Where did Chocolate Truffles originate?
They first originated in Chambery France in 1895…
So you see they’ve been around for quite some time now and with many variations being made since then.
And other Chocolate treats you can try for the Chocolate lover in your life….
Chocolate Coconut Flour Cookies– Low carb
So I’ll hope you get a chance to try these out and be sure to share some with that special someone.
And don’t forget to leave a comment below if you make this recipe. ⭐
Until Next time-xoxo
Double Chocolate Truffles (Vegan, GF, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free, DF
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp. unrefined coconut oil- melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- course sea salt for topping
- Put almond flour, cocoa powder, almond extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil in food processor and blend until it all comes together and forms a big sticky ball.
- Scoop out in 1 tbsp. sized balls and roll in your hand to shape into balls.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and continue till you've made all balls.
- Place in fridge or freezer to firm up while melting chocolate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate chips with 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil over double boiler till smooth & creamy.
- Dip harden balls in melted chocolate using a slotted spoon and place back on parchment paper.
- Place back in fridge till set a minimum of 30 minutes. Can top with sea salt at this time.
- Then store in air tight container.