This Mashed Cauliflower Colcannon is a great way to enjoy this Irish based side without all the carbs. By swapping out cauliflower for potatoes you’re lowering the carbs in this dish. But this mash still has all the same delicious flavors of the traditional colcannon (Gluten Free, Low Carb).
So anytime you can make one little swap without sacrificing flavors I say “Why Not?”
I mean especially since you may be trying to start off the New Year with a few healthier choices.
And let me tell you that cauliflower is the perfect way to do this!
Cauliflower is clearly my go to veggie that I swear by in sooo many dishes….and this Mashed Cauliflower Colcannon is clearly no EXCEPTION…
Now don’t get me wrong I still love ♥ me some creamy Mashed Taters , but sometimes you just need to reserve those for special occasions or the occasional treat.
So did you Guys have any special New Years goals? And how’re they going for you?
I try to make them do-able goals since you’re more likely to stick with them.
Mine are typically blog related these days….ya know trying to bring you as many healthier, tasty recipes that I can in 2018…
Anyhow,, I don’t think this Mashed Cauliflower Colcannon will disappoint.
As a matter of fact the hubby loved this one so much I definitely see it being a regular on our dinner table…and of course since it’s veggies and low carb and all no reason not to. Right???
THIS MASHED CAULIFLOWER COLCANNON RECIPE IS…
- Super Easy to prepare
- Quick since there are no potatoes to peel
- Loaded with tons of flavor without all the carbs
- Perfect to serve with so many things
- A great way to swap out the traditional mashed taters
- Gluten Free & Low Carb
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Mashed Cauliflower Colcannon (Low Carb & Gluten Free)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 leeks trimmed & washed
- 2 1/2 cups cabbage chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
- Break cauliflower into florets and carefully add to boiling water.
- Cook cauliflower florets about 7-8 minutes till fork tender.
- Remove from stove and drain well.
- Mix in softened cream cheese to cauliflower and mash. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile add olive oil to saute pan over medium heat. Add yellow onions & garlic and cook 1-2 minutes till translucent.
- Then add chopped leeks and chopped cabbage and cook an additional 10-12 minutes till cooked down.
- Add cooked veggies, butter, half & half cream to the cauliflower mash and continue to mash again until everything is incorporated.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.