A Greek Salad recipe that's easy to make and perfect for summer cookouts or picnics. A healthy salad loaded with a few fresh ingredients and tossed with the best greek vinaigrette ever!
So when it comes to summertime meals I generally prefer to keep them light & pretty simple!
And this Greek Salad recipe is super easy to prep ahead and a great addition to BBQ's, potlucks or picnics.
Both of which are regular rotations in our house during the summer months.
GREEK SALAD INGREDIENTS
- Cucumber- I recommend english cucumbers for this recipe
- Grape tomatoes - or cherry tomatoes also work well
- Black olives- Kalamata black olives are the best for this salad
- Red onion- this adds a touch of sweetness so I wouldn't swap it out
- Green bell pepper- or red bell pepper would also work
- Feta Cheese- I recommend you buy this in the block
HOW TO MAKE GREEK SALAD
First you'll need to make the greek salad dressing so it has time to blend together.
I recommend making the dressing at least an hour in advance.
Once you have the dressing prepped you just need to chop up the cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, red onion and bell pepper.
Then add feta cheese, toss with vinaigrette and you're good to go!
INGREDIENTS IN SALAD DRESSING
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Garlic cloves
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings- oregano, basil, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
You can store the salad ingredients in a separate covered container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
The salad dressing can be stored in a covered jar for up to a week.
I recommend making the dressing ahead and then putting it on the salad when ready to serve.
Any leftovers already dressed will keep up to 2 days in the fridge.
OTHER SUMMER SALADS TO TRY...
Greek Salad Recipe (Gluten-Free, Easy)
- 1 large english cucumber sliced
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ large red onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese cut into chunks
- Add all the above ingredients to a glass mason jar, cover and shake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Slice cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and olives and place in large mixing bowl.
- Top with cubed feta cheese and drizzle with vinaigrette.