This Dill Cucumber Salad is creamy refreshing and delicious. Thinly sliced cucumbers and red onion tossed with a simple sour cream & dill dressing. Gluten Free, Low Carb, Easy.
So when it comes to salad some of my favorites always involve crisp fresh cucumbers....
And this creamy cucumber salad recipe is no exception! It's light, easy and comes together quickly with only a few ingredients.
Another cucumber salad we enjoy is this Cucumber & Black Bean Salad recipe!
HOW TO MAKE DILL CUCUMBER SALAD
(Full directions in Recipe Card below)
First you need to rinse the cucumbers and then thinly slice them.
Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander, sprinkle with salt and set aside in a bowl to drain while preparing the dressing.
Next thinly slice the red onion and set aside.
Prepare sour cream dill dressing according to directions in recipe card below.
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE
- English Cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Dill
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Hot Sauce
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THIS SALAD
This salad can be kept in a covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
After several days though the cucumbers start to release extra liquid. So you can freshen the salad up a bit by draining the liquid and adding a little extra sour cream.
It's actually best if the flavors have time to blend several hours after preparing the salad and eaten the day of.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR DILL CUCUMBER SALAD
You can use plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream or do half of each....
Dried dill can be used in place of fresh although I highly recommend using fresh.
You can use yellow onion in place of red onion.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES TO TRY...
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Dill Cucumber Salad (Gluten Free, Easy, Low Carb)
- 2 large english cucumbers
- ½ medium red onion
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse cucumbers and thinly slice them.
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Place clean kitchen towel or paper towel on top of cucumbers and place a heavy object on top such as a can(this is to help cucumbers release liquid).
- Meanwhile thinly slice the red onions and set aside.
- Finely mince garlic and chop fresh dil.
- Combine sour cream, garlic, dill, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste in small mixing bowl and combine.
- Pat cucumbers dry and place in bowl with sliced red onions then top with dressing.