This Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is super quick to make with only five ingredients. It's great for an easy breakfast or healthy snack. Top it with fresh raspberries, shredded coconut or any of your favorite toppings. Vegan, Gluten Free, Easy, Healthy
Chia seed pudding is probably one of the easiest treats you'll ever make!
It comes together in about five minutes making it perfect for quick easy meal prep.
And this Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding gives me all the rich chocolatey flavors that I crave in a healthy pudding.
It's absolutely perfect to have readily available in the fridge for a quick decadent treat.
And we also love these chocolate energy balls or these flourless brownies.
Both of these are easy to make chocolatey treats along with this chia pudding.
- Almond milk- plain unsweetened almond milk was used in this recipe but if you'd like a little sweeter pudding you could try it with a sweetened dairy free milk. Vanilla almond milk would be another great choice for this.
- Cacao powder- you could substitute with unsweetened cocoa powder if needed.
- Chia seeds- if you prefer a thicker pudding you can add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds to the pudding.
- Maple syrup- you can adjust the amount of sweetener based on your tastes
How to make chocolate chia pudding
It's really so simple to make. So you'll probably want to add this to your rotations.
All you need to do is add the cacao powder to a mixing bowl, along with almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk it together.
Then stir in chia seeds till combined making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the chia seeds.
Recipe notes & tips
I recommend stirring the pudding after it's been sitting in the fridge covered for about 20-30 minutes.
You can then store it in airtight serving jars or a mason jar.
It's best if allowed to chill at least 4-6 hours but I find the flavors intensify and it's even better the next day!
How long can it be stored
It will keep in the fridge in an airtight covered jar for up to 5 days.
For longer storage you can freeze it in airtight freezer safe containers. Just allow to thaw in fridge the night before for a quick breakfast the next day.
Other chocolatey treats you may like
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- Add cacao powder to a medium mixing bowl along with almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk till it's all incorporated.
- Stir in chia seeds, cover and refrigerate 20-30 minutes and stir again.
- Transfer pudding to jars, cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
Leave a Reply