These Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oats make a nutritious easy breakfast that is ready to go the next morning. Just fill a large mason jar with rolled oats, chocolate, almond butter and ripe bananas & refrigerate till the next day. The perfect make ahead breakfast for busy weekday mornings. Gluten Free, Easy, Vegan, Healthy.
Overnight Oats are the perfect solution for an easy breakfast that’s ready to go when you are….
And having breakfast ready to grab and go is always a welcome addition in our house.
Plus these vegan overnight oats are chocked full of healthy good for you ingredients that will keep you satisfied till lunch.
Both of them are made with only 4 ingredients and are also vegan friendly.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE VEGAN OVERNIGHT OATS
It’s really super easy and just involves mixing together the ingredients, pouring into a large mason jar or covered container and refrigerating till the next day.
And here’s the ingredients in these Chocolate Overnight Oats.
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Ripe Bananas
- Almond Milk- or another plant based milk
- Almond Butter
- Cocoa Powder- unsweetened
- Dark Chocolate Chips- vegan friendly
- Hemp Seeds
- Optional- maple syrup
RECIPE NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Do I have to use ROLLED OATS in overnight oats? – It’s really more of a texture issue.. I did try them with quick oats and they were still tasty but my preferred method was with Rolled Oats.
- Can I substitute with another milk? – YES… feel free to use any plant based milk or if you don’t need it vegan friendly any milk would work.
- AND you may also substitute almond butter with any other nut butter.
- Depending on how sweet you like them you can opt to add in 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup…
- If the bananas are really ripe you may not need to… just adjust to your taste
HOW LONG CAN I STORE VEGAN OVERNIGHT OATS
They will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Keep in mind the longer you store them the softer the oats will become.
So if you like the oats a little more on the chewy side I recommend eating them the next day….
They still have plenty of flavor if you keep them longer… they just become a little more mushy!
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES TO TRY
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Chocolate Overnight Oats (Vegan, GF, Easy)
- Put bananas in bowl and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in mason jar or any covered jar and refrigerate overnight for best results.
Updated- originally posted February 2017