These Black Bean Cookies are rich, fudgy, and loaded with intense chocolatey flavor. A decadent treat that’s moist, healthy and super easy to make in one bowl. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Easy.
So first of all I have to admit these Black Bean Cookies were actually going to be brownies when I first decided to make them….
Then I said to myself… “Nah, cookies are easier to grab, go & eat”…. 😉
Plus brownies you have to wait on them to cool before cutting…. and no one has time for all that.
Especially when you just want to satisfy those chocolate cravings in a guilt free treat.
And since these cookies have beans in them, it’s also a great way to sneak extra veggies into the children.
I promise….REALLY… the kids will never know they have beans in them unless you tell them.
Even the hubby was shocked 😲 when I told him there were beans in his cookies.
What you’ll need to make these cookies:
- Cooked Black Beans
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil (unrefined)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Baking soda
- Coconut Flour
So there you have it… with ONLY a few easy to find ingredients & in less then 20 minutes you can whip up a batch.
And with Valentines Day just a couple days away this would be the perfect treat to share with your special someone ❤
Cause you can’t go wrong with Chocolate. And healthy homemade chocolate treats are even better.
Can I swap out any of the ingredients?
You could easily make them Vegan by swapping the eggs with flax eggs.
And you can also swap out the maple syrup with another unrefined sugar… such as honey or coconut sugar.
The dark chocolate chips could be substituted with regular or mini chocolate chips.
Tips for making these Chocolate Black Bean Cookies:
- Start by melting the coconut oil first so it has a chance to cool slightly.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the black beans first prior processing.
- Blend the black beans & maple syrup together first before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Use a cookie scoop to get equal sized cookies for uniform baking.
More Healthy Chocolatey Treats…..
And if you make this recipe please be sure to let me know in the comments below. Plus don’t forget to star ⭐ rate it.
Until Next time- xoxo
Chocolate Black Bean Cookies (GF, DF)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans- drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil- unrefined
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil on stove top and set aside.
- In food processor blend beans and maple syrup till you have a smooth consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients reserving chocolate chips till the end and pulse till everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop spoon equal portions out on baking sheet and gently press down with back of fork.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-14 minutes.
- Can top with additional chocolate chips if desired.