Honey Roasted Cashews that are sweet, salty and easy to make with only 4 ingredients. Roasted cashews are great for a healthy, delicious snack that's perfect for on the go. They're also great as a party appetizer or for entertaining. Easy, Dairy free, Gluten free, Healthy.
I've always loved the combination of both sweet and salty in snacks!
And since you can always find a bag of cashews in my pantry, these roasted cashews are now a part of our snack rotation.
Especially since I can make a batch of these quickly to snack on throughout the week!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Super simple with only 4 ingredients
- Comes together in under 15 minutes
- The perfect blend of both sweet & salty
- No refined sugar, gluten free, dairy free
- A healthy grab and go snack
- Cashews- for this recipe you need to use raw unsalted cashews.
- Honey- use a good quality honey for the best results. I recommend a raw unfiltered honey for these.
- Coconut oil- unrefined virgin coconut oil.
- Seasonings- cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
How to make honey roasted cashews
full directions in recipe card below
- Start by melting coconut oil with honey over medium low heat till smooth.
- Stir in seasonings, and carefully fold in cashews.
- Spread out in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until golden brown. Allow to cool and Enjoy!
Store them in an airtight glass jar or container in a cool place for 4-5 days or freeze them for longer storage.
Substitutions or variations
You could substitute the cashews with almonds, peanuts, pecans or any of your favorite nuts. I do recommend using unsalted, uncooked nuts.
If you don't have coconut oil, or prefer you could substitute with butter or a dairy free butter if needed.
Cayenne pepper is optional, but I love a little spice with the sweet and salty flavor profile.
Other easy snack ideas
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Honey Roasted Cashews (Easy, 4 ingredients)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and honey over medium low heat till smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in seasonings.
- Carefully fold in cashews and pour in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes, remove from oven and stir.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes till golden brown. Make sure to carefully watch them at the end.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional salt.
- Cool nuts completely and break any nuts apart that are stuck together.
- Store in a covered airtight container.
Originally posted December 2015