These Raspberry Scones are bursting with fresh flavors of raspberry and orange zest. Lightly sweetened, moist and they go perfect with your morning coffee or as an afternoon snack. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, No Added Refined Sugars.
So let me just start by saying after my first bite of one of these beauties I was like.....
"YUM" they taste just like raspberry jam.
Which was probably my favorite jam growing up....
Especially slathered between two pieces of bread with some peanut butter.
Oh the joys of childhood!!
But to be honest... I haven't bought any kind of jam in years.
Nor do I really buy much bread... cause let's face it...
Gluten free store bought breads are really not that good and quite pricey.
So what makes a scone a scone......
Well I've seen so many variations of them but one definition I found for "what is a scone" was....
A small lightly sweetened or unsweetened biscuit like cake made from flour, milk, fat and sometimes having fruit added.
And another thing that distinguishes scones from say a regular biscuit would be the addition of eggs.
But with sooo many variations of flour, fat, and milk you can really play around with a lot of variations.
So get creative with your scone making and try different variations.
But since my favorite flours to bake with are Almond flour and Coconut flour then that's what I used in these Raspberry Scones.
What other variations of scones can I make?
You can use any variation of fruits you like.... cranberries, blueberries, blackberries.
Switch up the milks or fat depending on your personal preferences.
Are scones freezer friendly?
Yes... you can easily freeze them for longer storage in an airtight freezer bag.
They also will keep for at least a week in a covered container in the fridge.
Looking for more healthy make ahead treats?
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Raspberry Scones (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 zest from orange
- ¼ cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil unrefined- melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil on stove top over low heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in large mixing bowl.
- In separate small bowl beat eggs with coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, zest of orange and coconut oil.
- Add to flour mixture and stir till combined.
- Mix in fresh raspberries ( and they will break down some at this point).
- Divide mixture into two portions and spoon on baking sheet.
- Form two circles each about ½ inch thick.
- Place in freezer and chill at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove from freezer and cut each circle into 4 triangle scones.
- Bake in oven 20-22 minutes.