Best Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad is a tasty lighter version for Taco Salad. Packed with lots of fresh veggies and then topped with chili lime dressing. Gluten free & Vegan option.
Hey there ya’ll!
Hope you all have been enjoying your week thus far and maybe even had a couple extra days off for the holiday.
I actually took a few extra days to celebrate the 4th but wanted to pop in real quick today with this easy and Best Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad!
Since it really is quick, easy, and tasty….Why not include this one in your summer rotations?
Salads are just one of those things that scream summer to me.
So the more variations you can have of them the better. Right Guys?
And it really is a fun salad that even the kiddos would enjoy. Kinda like piling all your favorite Taco toppings on a salad.
And who doesn’t love Tacos.
But I must admit the chili lime dressing is what made this special and worthy of sharing.
Light, fresh and just loaded with chili lime flavors.
You can actually prep this salad in advance and load it up when ready to serve.
Which is what I did..so I just had all my ingredients chopped and in fridge readily available when I wanted to eat.
Making this the perfect easy go to lunch or weeknight dinner. Cause you can’t have too many of those.
Sometimes I just need a few days of easy dinner ideas, especially if I’ve been have a relaxing day and don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
And that’s kind of been my week in a nutshell..a lot more extra relaxing and hanging with the hubby since he’s had time off this week..Yeah!!
Anyway let me just get to the recipe and as always sum up the reasons you may want to include this one.
Best Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad is…
- Quick, Easy, Healthy & Tasty
- Piled with all your favorite Taco Toppings
- The perfect kid friendly weeknight meal
- Dressed with a light chili lime dressing
- Gluten Free & Vegan option
Best Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad
- A blend of your favorite lettuce chopped I used a mix of baby lettuce which included baby red butter
- 1 box or can of black beans rinsed 11-14 ounces
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels rinsed
- pint of grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 10-12 black olives slice in half
- avocado sliced
- sour cream or greek yogurt for topping
- finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese for topping
- Bag of tortilla chips
- dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- Start with layer of chopped lettuce in each bowl.
- Then top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, & black olives.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocado and sour cream or greek yogurt.
- For dressing add lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper and cilantro to mason jar and shake well.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve salad.
- And pour dressing over salad when ready to serve and mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.