This Easy Taco Salad recipe is loaded with black beans and all your favorite taco toppings. The perfect way to switch up taco night since it’s all in one handy little bowl ready to eat. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Easy, Vegan option.
Okay… So I have to admit to something right upfront… I seriously love tacos.
Like I mean… could easily eat them on the regular.
And not just on Taco Tuesday.
But sometimes I don’t really love how all the toppings seem to end up on the plate.
So that’s why my solution to the dilemma is to turn those tacos into a salad…
Especially since you can pile everything into a bowl and still experience all the same flavors as you would eating traditional tacos.
How to make this easy Taco Salad recipe:
It’s really quite simple and the best part is you can prep a lot of it ahead of time.
Get all the basic ingredients rinsed and chopped…
Then just add everything to the bowls along with the dressing & toppings when ready to serve.
And since I’m all about make ahead salads…
This Layered Salad is another favorite of mine when I’m trying to prep a meal ahead.
Can I substitute any of the ingredients:
I used an organic spring salad mix for the greens but you could easily use your favorite greens…
Such as romaine, green leaf lettuce or even boston bibb.
And you could switch the green bell pepper for a red. The green is just what I happened to have on hand when I made this.
Other then that I wouldn’t recommend switching out any of the basic ingredients…
But feel free to vary the toppings… especially if you need it to be vegan friendly.
Toppings used on this Black Bean Taco Salad:
- Black olives
- Grape tomatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
And don’t forget the tortilla chips to scoop it up with or you could mix them in with the salad if preferred.
More ideas for Taco Tuesday…..
AND IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Updated- originally posted July 2017
Until next time-xoxo
Black Bean Taco Salad Recipe (Gluten Free)
- 6 ounces organic spring mix
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels rinsed
- pint grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 12 black olives chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Tortilla chips
Chili Lime Salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Start with layer of lettuce in each bowl.
- Then top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onions, & bell pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocado and sour cream, black olives.
Salad Dressing directions:
- Add lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper and cilantro to mason jar and shake well.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve salad.
- And pour dressing over salad when ready to serve and mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.