These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are super moist, healthy and perfect for breakfast or snacking. An easy recipe that is loaded with dark chocolate chips and fresh zucchini. No Added Refined Sugar, GF, & Paleo.
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
So when it comes to snacks & breakfast food, muffins are just a superior choice for so many reasons.
Especially when they come fully loaded with lots of chocolate. 😆
But seriously muffins are so easy to add to your weekly rotation of snacks & breakfast.
Why Muffins You Say?
- Well they can usually be made in one bowl with minimal effort
- So less clean up & and not a lot of EFFORT.... perfect Right?
- You can vary the ingredients based on what's in season
- Easy to pack for work or school
- Portion control- they're the perfect size for a quick snack or breakfast.
- So no second guessing on how much to eat
Plus who doesn't love a good muffin..... Such a great way to start the day along with your morning coffee. 😉
And you're also sneaking in extra veggies. And hubby is pretty keen anytime I give him extra greens.
So when I can manage that with breakfast, I feel like we already have a jump start for getting in the recommended requirement for veggies.
Which I believe for Vegetables it's 3 per day!
But anywho, I'm pretty sure the family won't even taste them in these muffins. 😆 They'll never know unless they spot a little green.
And since muffins are an awesomely perfect way to start the day, if you feel like switching it up with a little fruit... Then you should really try these Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins.
They're loaded with blueberries and are really popular on the blog! So be sure and check those out and include them in your rotation.
So back to these little Chocolately Zucchini beauties and why you're really gonna need these in your life now.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are:
- A perfectly portioned size
- They get you started early in the day with your veggies
- Easy to prepare in one bowl
- Great for a grab & go breakfast or snack
- A good way to get the children to eat veggies
- Loaded with lots of chocolate
- Gluten Free, & Paleo
- No Added Refined Sugar
And when you get a chance to try these please let me know in the comments below what ya think. Cause I'm always anxious to hear from you. 😀
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew nut milk *
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil or can use muffin liners.
- In large mixing bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & salt and stir till combined.
- In separate smaller bowl mash bananas, add maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, cashew nut milk & shredded zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Add banana and egg mixture to large mixing bowl and stir till everything is combined. Stir in chocolate chips .
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon equal portions in muffin pan.
- optional: can top with extra chocolate chips
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Love this recipe! Thank you for posting it. I will definitely be making these again!
You're welcome Nancy and thanks for the lovely feedback!🥰
Hello! I have been looking for a paleo zucchini muffins recipe for a while now. I think I might try these... but do you know if I can substitute the eggs for flax eggs or anything else?
Hi Nathalie, I haven't personally tested the recipe with flax eggs, but I think they would work fine. Let me know if you try them!
Laura from Montreal, Canada
Hi Stephanie! Just made these muffins yesterday and they turned out amazing! I’m not really a muffin gal but let me tell you, these were deeeelicious! I know it’s because of the 2 flours combined, make these melt in your mouth! I’m not gluten intolerant but I usually like to bake with no flour or with these types of flours. I used oat milk as I already had a carton opened and I baked my muffins an extra 10 minutes as they were not done in 25 minutes. This morning had one muffin with my coffee, did I say amazing already! Thank you for sharing your recipe! 🙂 Where can I post a pic for you?
You're welcome Laura and Thanks for stopping by to let me know! 😍 So glad to hear you loved them and feel free to tag me on any social media platform with a picture...
Nancy | Flavorpalooza
These. Look. So. Good. In fact, I think I might even be able to get my kids to eat some zucchini with this recipe! Thank you!
These look fantastic. I love that you use cashew mink in these because it's such a creamy milk alternative.
I love zucchini muffins! Looks so moist and delicious and the added chocolate chips make these such a great treat!
I love how healthy these are. They would be perfect for breakfast!
Elaine @ Dishes Delish
I love zucchini in muffins or bread, but the fact that you added chocolate chips? Perfect! These look delicious and easy!