These Butternut Squash Tahini Buddha Bowls are packed with the flavors of roasted veggies and then topped with tahini dressing. Vegan, & Gluten Free.
Okay, so I know that sounds like a mouthful! But I assure you once you’ve had one of these Butternut Squash Tahini Buddha Bowls you will be making them AGAIN!
There is just something about the name “Buddha Bowl” that makes you think this has to be good.
I kind of picture a little man meditating and doing Yoga before digging into one of these bowls..Haha..okay, I know I’m a little strange but if you’ve ever done either one you’ll get what I’m talking about.
But if you actually google “Buddha Bowls” you’ll find that they’re typically just a big bowl of food containing various roasted veggies, greens, a healthy grain such as brown rice or quinoa and maybe some nuts or seeds for crunch.
Hey, they had me at Big Bowl of food. So I knew this was on the to do list to make soon.
Hope you guys have been having an awesome week thus far. And are looking forward to a splendid relaxing kind of weekend.
It’s supposed to get cold here again so I might be just hunkering in with a big bowl of soup or chili. Until then I plan on enjoying getting outside and soaking up as much Vitamin D as humanely possible.
It just clears your head and mind whether it be a brisk walk or run around the track.
And if Yoga or Meditation just happen to be your thing maybe it will make you think of making these Buddha Bowls since:
- It’s a complete tasty meal all in one bowl
- They are actually fun to make and customizable
- The smell of veggies roasting makes your house smell amazing
- They will make you feel all accomplished by eating Healthy
- Maybe even Buddha like..haha
- Vegan & Gluten Free
Butternut Squash Tahini Buddha Bowls
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3/4 cup of rice cooked per package directions
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 slices of red cabbage about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 box/can chickpeas 11-14 ounces
- 2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups Kale
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp.
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut bottom off squash and stand up to peel. Then cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut into bite sized chunks and place in medium mixing bowl.
- Cut bell pepper into medium size strips and place in bowl with squash chunks.
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste and mix well.
- Spread out on baking sheet. Place sliced cabbage on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until squash can be pierced easily with fork and veggies slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and place in oven safe casserole dish.
- Meanwhile place chickpeas in small bowl with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, salt & pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric. Mix well and place on baking sheet.
- Roast in oven about 15 minutes till you hear them popping(then you know they're done)
- Remove from oven in place in dish with squash, cabbage, & red pepper.
- Meanwhile prepare rice according to package directions( when done I seasoned it with a little olive oil, salt & pepper)
- Next rinse Kale leaves and remove hard stems. Place in bowl with olive oil, chopped garlic, salt & pepper and massage the kale with your hands till well blended.
- Layer bowl with rice, roasted veggies, chickpeas, kale
- Dressing instructions:
- In small bowl add tahini, water, lime juice, garlic, salt and whisk until combined.
- Drizzle on salad