Easy Vegetable Soup is just that, simple to prepare, tasty, and packed with lots of fresh veggies. Vegan and Gluten Free.
Rainy, dreary days = comfy, hearty bowl of soup or chili. I also had some vegetables I needed to use up so this soup consists of what I had readily available.
Zucchini and cauliflower florets is what I incorporated into this soup. But vegetable soup is versatile and can be made with whatever variety of vegetables you like or have on hand.
I started the soup with some chopped onion, celery, and garlic that I sautéed until tender in some olive oil. This is always a good base to start a lot of different kinds of soups.
Then I used an organic vegetable blend which consisted of peas and carrots. It was really good, but like I said you could probably choose another blend that would be just as good.
I’ve made it before with other vegetable mixes and it was. So just choose your favorite 🙂 You want to make sure to get the frozen vegetables for your soup and not canned.
Even all fresh veggies would be good, just requires a little more chopping.
Next time you’re craving Soup get out your big pot and start chopping. I can tell you this is really, really Easy to prepare and so much tastier than the stuff out of the cans.
Easy Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chardonnay optional
- 12 ounces frozen veggie mix
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Cook onion, garlic, and celery in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent about 5 minutes
- Add thyme, salt & pepper, bay leaf, red chili pepper flakes, and chardonnay. Cook about 8-10 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook approximately 45 minutes.
- Taste for salt & pepper
Chardonnay is optional or you could use another white wine