This easy Vegetable Soup recipe is the perfect bowl of warm comfort food for busy nights. It comes together really quickly and is chocked full of a hearty array of veggies. Gluten free, Vegan, Healthy, Easy.
Homemade vegetable soup is the perfect addition to your easy weeknight meal plans.
Since this hearty delicious soup is super easy to make with whatever veggies that you may already have on hand.
I like to make it even simpler by using a mix of frozen veggies. And then just using up whatever else is in the fridge.
This soup is so versatile making it perfect as a last minute meal.
We also love these Vegan Buddha bowls as they can be switched up with ingredients you already have or love!
- Frozen vegetables- I used a mixed blend of peas, carrots, green beans and corn. But you could easily use any of your favorites!
- Tomatoes- You could substitute with fresh tomatoes.
- Vegetable broth- I recommend low sodium organic vegetable broth. It's just easier to control the sodium with this. But you can use regular if you prefer.
- Cauliflower- You can use fresh or frozen cauliflower florets for this.
- Zucchini- 1 medium to large zucchini or any other kind of squash would work well in this.
- Seasonings- Bay leaf, thyme, red chili pepper flakes
How to make easy vegetable soup
Start by chopping up the celery, onion and garlic. Then sauté for several minutes before adding the seasonings.
At this point add the optional wine and cook down till fragrant.
Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat and continue to cook for about 30-40 minutes.
Make sure to remove bay leaf before serving!
This homemade vegetable soup can be stored in a airtight covered container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For longer storage you can freeze it in ziplock freezer safe bags or containers.
What to serve with it
Or serve it for lunch with a sandwich or salad.
More soups to try
Easy Vegetable Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chardonnay optional
- 12 ounces frozen veggie mix
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Cook onion, garlic, and celery in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent about 5 minutes
- Add thyme, salt & pepper, bay leaf, red chili pepper flakes, and chardonnay. Cook about 8-10 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook approximately 45 minutes.
- Taste for salt & pepper
Updated- originally posted January 2016