A Tahini Salad dressing made with just a few simple ingredients. Creamy, tangy and perfect for salads or as a dip for veggies. Easy, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
This versatile tahini dressing recipe is not only great as a salad dressing, but it's also delicious to drizzle over cooked veggies.
A flavorful nutty dressing that you'll want to keep on hand for a quick dip or topping!
Ingredient notes & substitutions
- Tahini- just make sure to buy a good quality tahini since that's the star of this dressing.
- Lemon juice- you need to use fresh squeezed lemon juice for this recipe.
- Garlic- if you're not a big garlic fan just use one clove. If you're like we are you could even use three!
- Maple syrup- you could leave this out all together if you prefer. Although I prefer a touch of sweetness with this dressing.
- Coconut aminos- could substitute with another gluten free soy sauce.
How to make tahini salad dressing
Full directions in the recipe card below
Start by juicing the lemon and finely mincing the garlic for this.
Combine the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, coconut aminos, maple syrup, seasoning in a bowl and stir.
Gradually add room temperature water till you get desired consistency.
Store this tahini dressing in a covered jar or sealed container in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
I love using these little glass jars for storing homemade salad dressings, puddings or yogurt.
Ways to serve this dressing
- It's delicious over a simple green salad
- A dip for cut up vegetables- carrots, beets, celery, cucumber or any of veggies.
- Great topped over roasted vegetables or baked potatoes
Other salad dressings to try
Tahini Salad Dressing (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Juice a medium to large lemon and set aside.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Add tahini to mixing bowl with lemon juice, minced garlic, coconut aminos, maple syrup, and salt.
- Mix till combined. Gradually add in water stirring till you get desired consistency.