Homemade Pico De Gallo is perfect for a last minute appetizer or delicious on tacos, burgers and more. An easy six ingredient recipe for fresh pico de gallo salsa that's suitable for any occasion. Vegan, Gluten free, Easy, Dairy free.
This easy homemade pico de gallo recipe is so fresh and flavorful that you'll find yourself piling it on all your favorite foods.
Cause seriously I haven't found many things which this wasn't good with.
But some of our favorite ways we enjoy it is on an egg wrap with some hummus or on a bean burrito made with these soft tortillas.
What is pico de gallo?
It's a salsa used with a lot of Mexican foods such as tacos or burritos.
Pico de gallo consists of finely diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice.
And sometimes is referred to as salsa cruda since it's made with fresh raw vegetables. It's also thicker than regular salsa which can be made using cooked vegetables.
- Finely dice the tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- You can use any variety of tomatoes but I recommend vine ripened or any fresh high quality tomato.
- I recommend removing the seeds from the jalapeño prior to dicing.
- The garlic should be finely minced or you could leave it out all together if you prefer.
- Red onion was used in this recipe but you could swap out with a white onion.
- Only use fresh lime juice in this salsa.
How to make it
- Add finely diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro to a mixing bowl.
- Pour in juice from lime and combine.
Homemade pico de gallo will last 3-4 days in a covered container in the fridge.
It's not recommended that you freeze this pico de gallo.
Other dips you may enjoy!
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Homemade Pico De Gallo (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 6 medium tomatoes finely diced
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 jalapenos seeds removed and finely diced
- large handful of cilantro finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all of the above ingredients to large serving bowl and combine.
- Adjust salt & pepper according to taste.
Can be stored in airtight container in fridge for 3-4 days. *Nutrition Disclaimer
Updated from September 2017
Homemade Pico de Gallo is so good. You have such straight specific instructions and it loks so easy. Thanks!
I do love homemade pico de gallo, it is always so much better when it is freshly made and leftovers taste great on scrambled eggs the next morning
Whoa flavour! I can serve these with my eggs for breakfast!! Summer is coming to an end and I need to use up my tomatoes asap so this is perfect! 🙂
I always buy fresh pico de gallo from the store! This recipe looks amazing!
I buy this occasionally but should totally make it at home. The taste and freshness would be much better!