An easy Pineapple Salsa recipe made with fresh pineapple, jalapeño, red onion and cilantro. Great served as an appetizer with chips. Or top it on tacos, burgers and more. Vegan, Gluten free, Easy.
We absolutely love a good salsa or dip for so many reasons!
They're usually super quick to throw together, tasty and perfect for a last minute snack or appetizer.
Both of which come together quickly in under 10 minutes.
This pineapple salsa recipe is another quick snack to add to the rotation. And it's the perfect blend of both sweet and savory!
Ingredients for pineapple salsa
- Pineapple- I recommend only using fresh pineapple for this recipe. You can usually find it in the produce section already cut up if you prefer not to buy a whole one.
- Cilantro- there really isn't a good substitution for this and you won't end up with the same results if you leave it out.
- Jalapeño - depending on the size of the jalapeño you may need to use two if they're small.
Pro tip- smaller jalapeño peppers are usually hotter... so if you like things a little spicer go for the smaller jalapeños.
- Red onion- I don' recommend substituting this either. Red onions are generally milder and a better choice for this salsa.
- Lime juice- you'll need to use freshly squeezed for optimal flavor.
How to make pineapple salsa
Full directions in the recipe card below
First you need to prep all the ingredients. Cut up the pineapple into small pieces, cilantro, red onion and jalapeño.
Place in mixing bowl and add fresh lime juice and salt to taste.
Stir and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don't recommend freezing it.
Personally I prefer the flavor of this pineapple salsa after a couple hours in the fridge but eaten the same day.
What to serve with it
I like to enjoy it with just tortilla chips. It's also good served on tacos or burgers.
Other recipes with pineapple
Pineapple Salsa Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 fresh pineapple- about 3 cups
- 2 small jalapeno
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- couple dashes of salt
- Cut pineapple into small bite sized chunks & place in large mixing bowl.
- Dice jalapeno into small pieces removing the seeds and add to pineapple.
- Add remaining ingredients & stir.
- Serve immediately in a bowl or can store in fridge in covered container 3-4 days.
Updated- originally posted April 2018