A creamy Tropical Smoothie recipe that comes together in under five minutes with only three ingredients. So this refined sugar free smoothie is great for a quick healthy breakfast or snack. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Easy.
This refreshing tropical smoothie recipe is the perfect drink to serve on a hot summer day.
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a delicious beverage to chill with on the deck.
And it's super easy to make with frozen fruit and your favorite plant based milk.
It's the perfect blend of tropical flavors that's made without any added refined sugars.
So you can feel good about indulging in one of these!
We also love these Watermelon Wine Slushies for chilling out with the adults time!
Ingredient notes & substitutions
- Frozen fruit- I used a blend of strawberries, bananas, and mangos. You could also chose pineapples, kiwi, papayas, or star fruit just to name a few. So you could easily swap out with what you have on hand or your favorites.
- Plant based milk- Unsweetened almond milk. But you could also swap this out with coconut milk.
- Dairy free yogurt- Unsweetened coconut milk yogurt. Could also be swapped out with another yogurt.
How to make a smoothie with frozen fruit
- Choose the fruit selection- in this case I used frozen strawberries, mangos, and bananas.
- Put the fruit in first and then add your milk and yogurt.
- Blend until creamy and if needed add more or less milk till you get the desired consistency.
Recipe tips and notes
- Using frozen fruit is what yields a creamier smoothie. You can always freeze fresh fruit and then use that in your smoothie recipes.
- A high powered blender is recommended to make frozen fruit smoothies. I love my Vitamix for making smoothies effortlessly.
- This tropical smoothie recipe can be stored in the fridge in an airtight mason jar for up to 3 days. Just stir before serving.
Other smoothie recipes
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time-xoxo
Tropical Smoothie Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 10 ounce bag of frozen Tropical blend fruit strawberries, mangos, and bananas
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy free coconut milk yogurt
- Optional add ins:
- 5-6 fresh strawberries
- half of fresh mango
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour ¼ of mixture into large glass, add fruit and rest of Smoothie.
- Top with additional fruit and coconut flakes.
Updated from June 2018