Pineapple Fried Rice is a tasty side dish or main course meal that is vegetarian and gluten free. It’s Healthier and tastes just as good as your take out versions of fried rice.
I was really excited to share this one with you cause not only is it a tasty recipe but it also is very appealing to the eye. So lets jump right into this yummy bowl of pineapple fried rice.
This recipe has so many different textures and flavors going on. I’ve never been a real fan of take out so I can only compare it to take out fried rice that I had years ago.
I can tell you this, it was not very time consuming to make and it has so many good veggies in it you can’t help but feel good about what you’re eating. So let’s just dive right into how this is prepared.The best part about it is you can do a lot of the prep work prior to dinner time and then you’ll be pretty much ready to go.
The rice you definitely want to make up ahead so it has time to cool. If you even have leftover rice in the fridge this would be something great you could make with it. I like anything that you can prep ahead of time so you can save time when you’re trying to actually get dinner on the table.
You will want to use fresh pineapple in this recipe which can also be used to make Vegetarian Pineapple Pizza with the leftover pineapple from this.
Once you get these ingredients sautéed and the pineapple caramelized put them in bowl and set aside till you combine the remaining ingredients.
This has that nice light sweetness to it. So the next time you’re craving a bowl of take out fried rice I hope you’ll try this one instead.
And maybe even experiment with the different kind of veggies you add to the pineapple fried rice.
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger root
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 10 ounce bag of mixed veggies**
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Braggs Aminos*
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful of chopped cilantro optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside
- Melt coconut oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and ginger root and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chopped pineapple and cook another 4-6 minutes. You want the pineapple to start to caramelize a little bit. Then add diced red pepper and cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside in bowl.
- In same pan add cooked rice with 3 tbsp. water and Braggs Aminos. Cook stirring freguently another couple minutes.
- Add mixed veggies, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper, cook another minute and then add pineapple mixture. Combine well and serve immediately. Can top with chopped cilantro
**use whatever combination of mixed veggies you like. I used peas, carrots, and corn