A Pineapple Fried Rice recipe that's quick, healthy and packed with the most amazing flavors. It's the perfect blend of both sweet and savory that's great for an easy tasty dinner. Vegan, Easy, Gluten Free, Healthy.
Pineapple fried rice is so easy to make at home and soo flavorful that you'll never miss getting the takeout version again!
I also like that I can control the ingredients and the freshness of what's used in this pineapple fried rice recipe.
And if you're looking for a lower carb version of fried rice you can check out this Cauliflower Fried Rice!
It has all the same flavors of a yummy fried rice without all the carbs.
- Peas and carrots- I recommend a frozen blend of peas and carrots for this fried rice recipe, but you could substitute with another blend.
- Pineapple- Fresh pineapple is always best, but you could substitute with canned if necessary.
- Ginger root- you could substitute with dry ginger. If using dry ginger you'll need to use approximately ¼ tsp. for this recipe.
- Rice- Jasmine rice was used but you could substitute with brown rice. For optimal results use day old rice.
- Coconut oil- unrefined coconut oil
- Red Bell pepper- I don't recommend swapping this out. Red bell peppers add a nice sweetness to the recipe that you won't get with the green bell peppers.
- Onion- Yellow or sweet onion
- Coconut aminos- you could swap with soy sauce.
- Garlic- fresh finely minced garlic and there is not a good swap for that.
How to make pineapple fried rice
Full directions in the recipe card below
Make sure you've cooked the rice in advance. It needs time to chill in the fridge. Preferably make it a day in advance.
Next you'll want to cut up all the ingredients that you're going to need for the fried rice.
It comes together quickly once you have everything prepped and ready to go.
You'll start by sautéing the garlic, onion and ginger till just fragrant. Then add the pineapple chunks and cook till they just start to caramelize.
Add the red bell pepper and cook another minute. You can either remove the pineapple mixture to another bowl while frying the rice or push it aside.
Sauté the rice with the coconut aminos several minutes, add in peas and carrots and pineapple mixture and cook another minute.
What to serve with it
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Melt coconut oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and ginger root and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chopped pineapple and cook another 4-6 minutes. You want the pineapple to start to caramelize a little bit. Then add diced red pepper and cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside in bowl or push to side of pan.
- In same pan add cooked rice with coconut aminos. Cook stirring frequently another couple minutes. Can add a tablespoon of water at a time if sticking.
- Add peas and carrots, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper, cook another minute and then add pineapple mixture. Combine well and serve immediately.
Updated- originally posted February 2016