Pineapple Broccoli Salad is the perfect addition to any of your Summertime meals or gatherings. It’s a healthy, vegetarian, gluten free salad that goes well with anything or even as a snack.
The weather today was picture perfect. It was sunny and in the 70’s. The kind of weather that makes you start thinking about Spring being right around the corner and also the making of more salads.
Anyway this recipe I’m sharing is based off my original Broccoli Salad recipe. So if you’ve enjoyed that recipe as much as my daughter Samantha does then you may want to give this Pineapple Broccoli Salad a try.
I had bought a fresh pineapple last week to make my Pineapple Fried Rice and needed to find something else to make to use up the leftover pineapple. And Since I had some broccoli and everything else in the fridge to make broccoli salad I thought it might be a good addition.
It was definitely a good combination. The pineapple just adds a subtle little sweetness to the broccoli and onion. So that’s how this new addition of broccoli salad came about.So if you’re looking for another good salad addition to add to your weeknight rotation this goes well with a lot of things.
It’s also good served alone and keeps well in the fridge covered for several days to have as a quick tasty nutritious lunch. I hope you’ll try out this different version of broccoli salad and maybe add it to one of your next gatherings.
Pineapple Broccoli Salad
- 1 large bunch broccoli florets trimmed
- 1 small red onion finely diced. About 1/2 cup
- 4 to 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain full fat greek yougurt
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. dried dill weed or handful of freshly chopped dill
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 green onion diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In large mixing bowl combine trimmed broccoli florets, diced red onions and pineapple chunks
- In separate small mixing bowl add mayo, greek yogurt, red wine vinegar and combine well
- Stir in garlic powder, dried dill weed & fresh dill
- Pour over broccoli florets, onions, pineapple chunks and combine well
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Top salad with cubed cheddar cheese and green onion