An easy Quinoa Tabbouleh salad that's perfect as a side dish or serve it alone for a quick healthy meal. This tabbouleh salad swaps out the bulgar wheat with quinoa making it a delicious gluten free option. Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Easy, Healthy.
Light, refreshing and the perfect side to serve with all your spring and summer meals.
And also great as a make ahead dish for lunch, dinner, cookouts or potlucks.
What it tabbouleh
It's a mediterranean salad made with lots of fresh chopped parsley, mint, onions, tomatoes, bulgar wheat, lemon juice and olive oil.
Also spelled tabouli, this recipe swaps out bulgar wheat for quinoa making it suitable for a gluten free diet.
- Cucumber- english cucumber is used in this quinoa tabbouleh
- Quinoa- I used white quinoa but you could easily swap it out with any quinoa. Cook the quinoa per instructions on the bag.
- Lemon juice- depending on how big your lemons are you may need 2. You want approximately 3-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Red onion- I recommend red onion for this salad but you could swap for green onions if you prefer.
- Grape tomatoes- you can easily swap out with cherry tomatoes. Look for the freshest tomatoes.
- Parsley- I used flat leaf parsley but you could also use curly parsley.
- Mint- Again make sure you are using the freshest herbs available for optimal flavor.
How to make quinoa tabbouleh
Start by cooking the quinoa. This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge till ready to make the salad.
Once you have quinoa cooked and cooled completely you need to dice up the vegetables and juice the lemon.
Make sure to finely chop the parsley and mint.
Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge.
What to serve with it
Store this quinoa tabbouleh in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Best if allowed to chill several hours prior to serving.
Quinoa Tabbouleh (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Put quinoa in large mixing bowl along with remaining ingredients & combine well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Updated- originally posted March 2018