Greek Style Cauliflower Salad is a light tasty salad with cauliflower serving as the star. Then loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, red onion and a Greek style dressing. Vegetarian & Gluten Free.
Hey friends..Hope you all had an Enjoyable kind of weekend..packed with plenty of relaxation and a little bit of fun mixed in!
This Greek Style Cauliflower Salad is one I think you’re Really, Really going love! And perfect for all your relaxing kind of weekends and gatherings.
Because salads you can make ahead are always some of my favorites..And this one tastes even better after marinating in all that tasty dressing for hours.
So you could make this up ahead, along with some tater salad and be good to go 🙂
Nothing left to think about other than firing up the grill later for the perfect Springy kind of dinner.
Now that’s my kind of weekend plans.
This Greek Style Cauliflower Salad was actually inspired by a Greek salad that I used to eat years ago.
And of course my love for pasta was where the cauliflower came into play. This is my go to pasta substitute for a lot of dishes.
Back in the day when I first started my vegetarianism this was something I really Enjoyed eating. I can’t even remember the name of the restaurant other than it was a little Greek spot.
Don’t even know if it’s still there..some of the coolest spots seem to disappear over time.
But since Greek salad was one of the best choices readily available that’s what I’d always go for. Pretty much always a winner as a tasty, healthy light salad.
What were some of the favorite spots you used to frequent? Maybe they’re even still around. You know the place you could go to and order the same thing that would never let you down.
Well this Greek Style Cauliflower Salad is•••
- Perfect for a relaxing weekend gathering
- Great since it can be made ahead
- Tastes even better made ahead after marinating in all it’s glory
- Super tasty, easy to make and even low carb..
- Also a great way to stay on a healthy eating track
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- May even remind you of your favorite old eating spot 🙂
- 1 medium head of caulilflower
- medium sized English cucumber
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- 8-10 black olives pitted
- ¼ diced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. each oregano and basil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by making salad dressing.
- In small mixing bowl combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic, salt & pepper and whisk together well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Break the cauliflower into small bite sized florets and when water comes to boil carefully add cauliflower.
- Cook about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Place drained cauliflower in large salad bowl
- Add chopped cucumber, black olives, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, prepared salad dressing and mix well.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to five days.