This Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream recipe is an easy 4-ingredient ice cream that comes together in minutes. A banana nice cream recipe perfect for a cool minty healthy treat that's great to serve all summer long. Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Easy.
Okay, so let me start by saying, that mint chocolate chip ice cream has always been a favorite of mine.
The cool minty flavor, along with the bite sized pieces of chocolate are the absolute perfect flavor combination for creamy ice cream.
And this yummy peppermint bark is also a favorite for many of the same reasons.
Why you'll love this
- You only need 4 ingredients to make this nice cream recipe.
- Healthy, wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar.
- Easy to make in food processor or high powered blender. No ice cream maker needed.
- Cool, minty and the perfect kid friendly treat to serve all summer long.
- Plant based milk- I recommend a full fat coconut milk for this but I've also made it with unsweetened almond milk.
- Bananas- the riper the bananas the sweeter the nice cream will be. I usually prefer it somewhat in between.
- Peppermint extract- make sure you'e using pure peppermint extract. And the amount of that can be adjusted based on how minty you like it.
- Chocolate chips- I prefer dark chocolate chips, although you could use any good quality chocolate.
How to make banana nice cream
- Start by slicing the bananas and place on a parchment lined pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and place in a food processor or high powered blender and pulse till broken down. You'll need to scrape down the sides several times during the process.
- Add coconut milk, peppermint extract, and chocolate and blend till smooth and creamy.
- You can serve immediately for soft serve nice cream or place in a loaf pan and cover for about 30 minutes to an hour.
How to store banana nice cream
Store covered in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months.
When ready to serve place on the counter for about 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency.
Other cool refreshing recipes
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..
I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Place frozen bananas in food processor and pulse until broken down completely.
- Add coconut milk, peppermint extract and chocolate chips and combine.
- Scrap down the sides several times during this process.
- Pour into freezer safe container, cover and freeze at least one hour.
- For soft serve ice cream you can serve immediately.
- When ready to serve remove from freezer about 5-10 minutes in advance.
Updated post from May 2017