Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are the perfect healthy muffin for breakfast, snacking or even dessert. Made with only a few simple ingredients and no refined sugar added. Gluten Free & Vegetarian.
It had to happen soon enough! The Chocolate craving was going to win out and so I needed a healthier option to satisfy those cravings. Hence these Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins were born.
If you follow my blog you know you probably won’t find a lot sweet stuff here. I definitely try to limit those kind of treats and mainly focus on whole foods..lots and lots of veggies..OH and let’s not forget the cheese.
I guess everyone has some sort of guilty pleasure. Mine just happens to be CHEESE!
But seriously I’m no expert and have never claimed to be. I just go with what works and makes sense to me.
And chocolate just makes sense. I mean when they say Dark chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants. … you may just want to include some in your diet.
Along with how it May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure. …Why would you want to argue with that logic??..haha!!
Anyway, back to muffin talk since that’s what you’re Really here for! Let me tell you I was beyond pleased with the results and so was the hubby.
So these are for all my little chocolate craving friends, family and readers whose decided to search for healthier options.
Trust me, if you will..they’re out there. And I want to share as many options with you as possible so please make sure to follow along and subscribe at the bottom of this post.
Hope your weekend was fabulous and you’re starting the week off on a Happy note..And why not when you can have Chocolate for breakfast!
Because Chocolate really is a healthy option and these muffins are :
- Full of all kinds of healthy Antioxidants
- Perfect for a grab and go tasty breakfast
- No refined sugars added
- Cause oatmeal & chocolate just belong Happily together
- Mamma needs chocolate in her life again
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian
- 3 ripe bananas*
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips plus a few for topping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups or lightly spray pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium mixing bowl mash bananas with two eggs until combined well. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl add remaining ingredients reserving the chocolate chips till last.
- Add mashed banana mixture to dry mix and combine well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop add equal portions to pan.Top with a few extra chips(optional)
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.