These Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins are loaded with chocolate chips and oatmeal. A healthier muffin that’s perfect for breakfast, snacking or even dessert. Made with only a few simple ingredients. Gluten Free, No added Refined Sugars.
Choco-lot….. I mean who hasn’t had that craving for lots of rich yummy Chocolate.
So when that craving hits ya.… then you just need to be ready! And these chocolate muffins are sure to satisfy all of those cravings.
Minus any kind of guilt of course.. cause these muffins are filled with healthy ingredients that will actually keep you satisfied.
And since they only require a few simple ingredients… then there is ABSOLUTELY no reason not to have a batch of these readily available. 😉
What’s Needed to make these Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins:
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda, baking powder, salt
- Pure Vanilla extract
- Gluten Free Old fashioned Oatmeal
- Oat flour
And Guys… do you know how simple it is to make your own oat flour?
Well I’m here to tell ya, you’ll never be buying it again! 😆 That’s how easy it really is.
Because you just need some extra gluten free rolled oats and a food processor or high powered blender.
And it only takes a minute or so to have oat flour.. like I was truly amazed at how simple it was.
So now that we got the oat flour solved let’s get back to muffin talk.
GREAT reasons to add these chocolate oatmeal muffins to the mix…..
- Dark chocolate is a Powerful Source of Antioxidants….
- A good reason to include some in your diet
- Plus it may improve Blood Flow and lower Blood Pressure…
- Anywho, why would you argue with that logic?? 😆
So these muffins are for all my little chocolate craving friends, family and readers who have decided to search for healthier options. I gotta ya with these 😀
And here are a few more Chocolate treats to check out:
And if you make this recipe I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Plus don’t forget to star rate this recipe.
Also you can always be the first to receive notifications of new recipes by signing up below for FREE recipes directly to your inbox. 😉
Until next time-xoxo
Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas*
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips plus a few for topping
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking cups or lightly spray pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium mixing bowl mash bananas with two eggs until combined well. Stir in vanilla extract. Add optional maple syrup.
- In separate bowl add remaining ingredients reserving the chocolate chips till last.
- Add mashed banana mixture to dry mix and combine well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop add equal portions to pan.Top with a few extra chips(optional)
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Updated- this post was originally published January 2017