An easy Chocolate Coconut Flour Cookies recipe loaded with rich decadent chocolatey flavor. A healthy chocolate cookie made with coconut flour that's low carb, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
So with this delicious coconut flour cookies recipe you are pretty much covering most dietary needs.
Another one of our favorite cookies made using coconut flour is these Chocolate chip coconut flour cookies.
And coconut flour works well in a lot of recipes. Here are some of the benefits of using it in your baking!
🥥 Benefits of coconut flour
- High in fiber, potassium & iron
- A good source of plant based protein
- Low in carbs
- Grain free & gluten free
- May promote stable blood sugar levels
🥚 Ingredients for these coconut flour cookies
- Coconut flour
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda & salt
📖 Notes & Substitutions
- Coconut flour- while there are so many different brands to chose from, I recommend Bob's Red Mill in most recipes baked with coconut flour.
- Cocoa powder- unsweetened or cacao powder will also work.
- Maple syrup- pure maple syrup not pancake syrup.
- Coconut oil- unrefined virgin coconut oil.
- Eggs- large room temperature eggs.
- Chocolate chips- dark chocolate chips or can swap with semi sweet chocolate chips.
💭 Pro tip
If you forget to take eggs out of the fridge you can put them in a bowl of warm water to bring them up to room temperature.
📖 How to make
full directions can be found in the recipe card below
- Whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl whisk together eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix till incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
Then using a two tablespoon cookie scoop place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven.
I recommend storing these in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days.
Once cooled, they can be frozen in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months.
❓Frequently asked questions
I've only tested the recipe using maple syrup but other people have had success using other sweeteners such as honey and coconut sugar. Please refer to their comments below for more details.
Yes, personally we don't like overly sweet baked goods so I tend to go lighter on sweeteners but feel free to adjust this based on your preferences.
🥥 More coconut flour recipes
- Keto Coconut Flour Biscuits with Cheddar
- Easy Coconut Flour Pancakes (Dairy-Free)
- Coconut Flour Pizza Crust (Low Carb, Gluten-Free
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW…..I’d love to hear if you make this & how you like it. Plus please be sure to include a star rating.
Until next time- xoxo
Chocolate Coconut Flour Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together removing any clumps in flour.
- In small separate bowl whisk eggs with maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Pour into bowl with flour and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips and with cookie scoop place equal portions on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 12-15 minutes.
- optional: sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Updated post from August 2018